57

"So?" Leland chirped, excited as he hugged Maggie. "How was your first day at med school?"

"Long, boring, and lonely," she frowned, holding her son tightly. "Did you talk to the realtor?"

"I sure did," he grinned. "I know you're tired, but I got us an appointment today."

Maggie huffed, sitting down in the recliner, holding her sleeping son tight to her as she gently rocked back and forth. "We've looked at a million houses."

"We've looked at 9."

"None of them were the one."

"We won't find it if we stop looking."

"True, true," Maggie sighed. "When's the appointment?"

"About an hour."

Her eyes widened. "Well we gotta leave!"

***

The house was practically a mansion. 2 floors, a basement. 8 bed, 8 bath, a large kitchen, balconies and porches and everything Maggie could dream of. The smile on her face was large as she watched Leland sign the last paper, grinning ear to ear as he shook the realtor's hand. Leland turned to look at Maggie. "You ready?"

Maggie nodded. "Yup."

Author's Note:
Thank you so much for supporting my story! I know the ending was rushed, and I apologize, but everything lately has been so busy for me. This fanfic was a blast to write, and I am hoping to write a second book or at least a sequel in the future, so follow me and stay tuned! Once again, thank you all for your support!
-Em