20

Author's Note:
WARNING: Slightly scandalous chapter. If you know me personally and/or do not want many details, skip to the next part when it starts to get steamy. It's not super detailed, but it's detailed enough where it's a little uncomfortable to write. A few of you wanted a little more details, so here it goes.

"You're all good," Maggie said softly, bandaging Leland's knuckles.

"Are you good?" Leland asked, looking at her.

"Yeah, I'm okay," she nods, putting all her supplies away in her bag. She sat back down at the counter, picking at the food Beth had cooked. "I shouldn't have left the group," she said, sighing as she looked at Duane Lee.

"You're okay," Duane Lee said. "You found him."

"It would be a different story if Duane Lee wasn't just in the other room, though," Dog said. "But at the same time, we searched the apartment. So typically, after an apartment is searched, it's considered safe. So it's our fault as well."

"I'm sad," Duane Lee said. "You only have 3 weeks left here with us. Who am I going to harass for liking and kissing my brother?"

"Hopefully nobody," Maggie laughed. "I mean feel free to visit any time you want. I'm hoping I'll have an apartment to myself this year."

"You're gonna be a junior, right?" Beth asked, sitting down beside her. Maggie nodded.

"Are you working?" Dog asked.

"Yes, last year I worked at a fish store, but after I turn 21 in November I might apply at a restaurant," she took a bite of food. "The aquarium is nice, though. I can make my own schedule and I get free fish food and discounts on some stuff."

"I know we'll be coming up to Colorado eventually before spring but we haven't picked a date yet," Beth responded. "Usually when we get a decent amount of fugitives we go back up."

The group finished eating their dinner, where Maggie went back to her room to take a shower and change into comfier clothes. She threw her hair up into a bun, sitting on her bed and taking a breath. She thought over everything that happened, realizing that these people will stop at no mercy to keep her safe. She replayed Dog screaming at Joe, replaying Lelands instinct after he realized what happened. She thought about the relief she felt when he was thrown into the wall by Duane Lee. She smiled, standing up and leaving her room, walking down the hall to Leland's room.

He was in his bed, all lights off and staring at the ceiling when she walked in, shutting the door behind her. She got into his bed, on her side facing him. "I was wondering where you were," he said quietly, looking at her. She kissed him, catching him by surprise as he gently moved on top of her, their lips moving in sync. Her hands went up to his shoulders, wrapping around and trailing down to his hips, her fingertips going under the elastic band of his boxers, once again, catching him by surprise as she slid them off.

Within seconds, her clothes were off as well. They continued to kiss, her arms wrapping around his shoulders.

He was gentle at first, starting slow but picking up. His lips trailed down her jawline and down to her collarbone, leaving marks along her neck and chest. Her hands gripped his shoulders, tightening as he picked up the pace. His lips went back to hers, his hands grabbing the sheets tight.