25

She wore a gentle grin, her fingers tracing from his hip up to his chest, her hand resting down on the skin as he breathed in and out, his arm wrapped around her waist tight, the blankets wrapped around them tight, keeping the heat in. Maggie had missed Leland so much - seeing him, having him back and being in his arms again just made all her stress dissolve. The sun was just peaking above the horizon, however, they still were half awake, enjoying one another's presence. His finger traced small shapes on her hip, her skin soft to the touch.

"I missed you, too much," Maggie said softly.

"Me too," Leland replied, his voice quiet and groggy, still half asleep.

"You're cute when you're waking up," she said with a smile, looking up at him. He lightly chuckled, rolling on his side, facing her and pulling her into a hug.

"Happy birthday," he said, kissing her head.

"Thank you," Maggie mumbled, smiling as she tucked her head against his neck, wrapping her arms around him. "You smell like mace and leather."

"Is it a bad smell?"

"No, it reminds me of Hawaii," she smiled. "Were you maced?"

"On the last bounty I was, but I showed. But you know how mace is." Leland grinned. "I had the fugitive but I couldn't cuff him and he was trying to kick me, Duane Lee sprayed us. And then started laughing."

"Of course he did," Maggie laid on her back, picking up her phone and looking through her notifications. A voicemail from Alex, wishing her a happy birthday and telling her to take as much time off as she needs, a few more texts from Derek, some happy birthday texts from her friends and Danny. "Derek texted me some more, he said he's going to see me today."

"When he does," Leland laid on his back, his arm wrapped around her shoulders, "he'll get arrested for harassment, cyber harassment and sexual harassment."

"What's the most you can legally do?" Maggie asked, looking at him.

"If he is threatening you or I, I can put him in cuffs as a self defense, mace him, tase him, but we'd have to call cops to actually arrest him. But if we do see him, and he threatens you, I want you to step back and call the police, I'll take care of the rest," Leland said.

"What a birthday present, my ex getting arrested," she grinned. "Can't wait."

"Ahh," Leland sat up, rubbing his neck. "I'll be back," he threw on his boxers and jeans, walking out of the room.

"Where are you going?" Maggie asked.

"Just wait there."

Maggie sighed, sitting up and looking around the room. She put on his black tee shirt, admiring how it reminded her of Hawaii, sighing and laying back down in the bed, cuddling up with the blankets as she closed her eyes. She couldn't sleep, so she opened them back up and just laid there, looking through her phone as she listened to Leland by fumbling in the kitchen, knowing what he was doing the second she heard the bacon sizzle.

He came in with a couple plates of food, putting one on her side, going to his own side and laying down with his plate. "Thank you," Maggie smiled, sitting up and eating the food. The two finished their breakfast, took a shower and then got ready for the day. Leland made sure to keep his bounty gear on, ready to defend in the event Derek arrives.

After they were ready, Leland drove Maggie off campus, towards the farm, getting ready to celebrate her 21st birthday.