Chapter 62

The cold weather forced theirs bodies to remain affixed to each other. Or maybe it was just an excuse to hold onto each other a little longer. His arms encircled around her tighter. None wanted to let go of each other. With care he lifted her up effortlessly.

One of her arms went beneath his armpit and hooked his shoulder from behind while the other slid in front around the other shoulder. Resting her head comfortably on his chest she closed her eyes.

He entered in his room and placed her on the bed. Disentangling himself he took a step back. Casting a look at her he smiled and tucked her inside the covers. She had almost slipped into sleep when the slight click from the bathroom door woke her up.

He had gone to change his clothes.

Letting out an exhausted sigh she got up and moved to her room. Her mind had started working again and she couldn't stop thinking. She undid the covers and slipped inside. Closing her eyes she forced her tears to stop.

When Nilay got out he panicked. Where was she?!

His body went on guard and he walked hastily towards her room. The lights were switched off but he could make out her small frame curled up on the bed. Trying not to make any noise he closed the door and without hesitation walked over to her bed.

Here she was trying to comprehend everything in her mind and there the bed dipped. His arm wound around her stomach and tugged her back to his hard yet comfortable chest. He pulled the quilt over them, his hand moved and he intertwined his fingers with hers.

She could run wherever she wanted to. He would always be there right behind her to embrace her.

Minutes passed and then he heard her.

"What if this doesn't work out Nilay?" She spoke with her back still towards him.

"You and me, together we'll make it work out." He responded calmly kissing her neck.

"But it didn't work out before..the.."

"Because first you were trying but I wasn't and then I was trying but you weren't."

"But.."

"Look at me Tahira.." He turned her to face him.

"We have nothing to loose now. You tried your way and I tried mine but we were working separately. Let's give it a shot together. Both of us have absolutely nothing at this moment. Maybe we gain something. That something will be 'us'.

"I don't know." She whispered.

"I want you to be with me Tahira. Give me a chance. Give 'us' a chance."

"The baby.."

"Tahira!" He let out gently.

"I don't want to burden you with it Nilay."

"I love you. I agree I had my doubts about it. I wasn't happy with the fact that you wanted to keep it. But, the baby is a part of you. Why wouldn't I love it back? I promise I will love it like my own child."

A tear escaped from her eyes and she scooted closer to him resting her head on his arm. He wiped it away.

"I'm sorry about...Naisha.." She needed to tell him. She wanted him to know that no matter how much she wanted to be with him she never once prayed that he should end it up with Naisha.

"Why are you being sorry! I don't know..it seems like I've been running after love my entire life! I was a fool to ignore that fact that it was right in front of me! I know it's hard for you to believe but I made up my mind way before I came to know about Naisha..I wanted it to work out with you."

She was a little shocked at his declaration but her heart wanted to agree to him so that's what she did. She didn't question him further.

More tears escaped and she let it all out.

"I'm not telling you to forgive me right away! I don't deserve that but please just give me a chance."

"Why did it have to be me Nilay?"

She was talking about the r*pe.

He didn't know what to say or to tell her so he just held onto her while she cried.

"Shh..it's not good for the baby you know. I know I've been an asshole. I'm sorry..I'm sorry for every damn mistake that I've made! Im sorry for putting you through this..I'm sorry for hurting you!"

She cried louder.

"What if we mess up again?"

"I don't how and when did it happen but I can't imagine a life without you! This..you and me..it's just the beginning! We won't let it end!"

"I'm so tired Nilay. I can't take it any more." She confessed.

He pushed her head in his chest and held her till she stopped crying.

"Let go baby."

He knew she wasn't sure if this was right or what she wanted to do at ths moment. She could take as much time as she wanted but she wasn't leaving. She had to stay with him to figure out stuff.

Both of them worn out from the emotional turmoil closed thir eyes letting sleep take over.

Author's Note:-

Comment!

xoxo Lily<3