Chapter 57

"I have to go back.." She whispered.

"What harm will a dinner do?"

"I..I can't.."

"Why?"

She just stared at him a little shocked for what he had asked. He waited for her answer patiently.

Milliseconds...seconds...minutes....

But before she said anything her eyes fluttered close. Her rhythmic breathing, an evidence that she had actually slept.

He would wait for her answer.

More importantly he would make her say a 'yes'. He wanted her to go and he would keep on trying till she agreed.

Pulling her closer to him till there was no space between them he tucked her hair behind her ear. Kissing her forehead he let sleep take over.

Morning when Tahira woke up she found his arm draped comfortably over her waist with his hot breath fanning the side of her forhead. She looked at him. He was actually in deep slumber. Before she could comprehend bile rose to her mouth. As much as she wanted to slip out noiselessly she jerked his hand away and rushed to the bathroom.

He got up with a start with his shoulder almost killing him. Hearing her wretch inside he hurried to her.

Embarrassed she cleaned herself. She was dizzy as well and took his support to blink away the blackness.

"You okay??"

She nodded regaining composure.

"Sorry. I didn't mean to wake you up."

"It's alr.." He smirked.

She looked at him.

"Ofcourse it's not! I am so tired and you jerked my arm away. My shoulder is hurting!"

She bit her lip and panicked.

"Oh God! Let me see."

He stepped back.

"Nilay! I'm.."

Without a word he went to his cupboard and took out clothes.

"Nilay? I'm sorry!"

He hurried to the bathroom and banged the door close.

"Oh God! He's angry! I'll cook something nice for him."

Absent mindedly she freshened up and went to the kitchen.

I'm half an hour she plated scrambled eggs with large chunks of patatoes and cherry tomatoes. Seasoned with salt and pepper she put two sides of lightly flavored garlic bread with it.

When he came down she smiled at him.

"I cooked breakfast for you."

He just nodded and sat. He almost died and went to heaven eating the food she made.

"Do you like it?"

"It's okay."

Her heart sank.

"I can cook something else."

"What do we do with this food? Waste it?" He said finishing the last bite.

She looked at him and her hormones almost made her cry.

"It's not gonna heal my shoulder." He snapped back.

He mentally cursed himself. She puked, hadn't eaten anything, was on the verge of crying and he was troubling her! But this was the only way he could think of to make her ready to go out for dinner with him. Her sweetness would always get her into trouble he thought!