Chapter 63

Nervously he paced the quiet corridor. It wouldn't be wrong to admit that he was scared.

John wasn't a gynaec so eventually he had referred her to a gynecologist. The new doctor was pretty good at her work.

Regular check ups had them informed that she was weak but she will make it. It was the sudden pain at night which forced them to shift her to the hospital. Almost twenty days before the presumed date of delivery.

He had resumed training but was glad for they didn't post him outside Cali. He wasn't there for most of the day but despite her hormonal outbreaks she was doing really well without him.

He hardly prayed but today he prayed for her. He wanted her back. He thanked God for he was there to bring her to the hospital in time.

"You'll come back to me safe. You'll be fine.." He kept on chanting.

"Relax! She'll be fine." Roy told him assuringly.

After almost ten hours involving her active labour and his agonizing wait the doctor came out. He rushed to her.

"Your wife and daughter are doing great. Congratulations Mr. Singh. You may now meet her."

They knew way before that she was expecting a baby girl. She just couldn't stop smiling the entire day! That was the happiest he had seen her after their small date on the pier.

"Congratulations buddy!" Roy slapped his back.

Nilay was hyperventilating. She was fine! The baby was fine!

How will he react? What will he tell her? He had been acting so normal all these months. Heck he had even thought of a name for her!

Both of them had started a normal life. But still there were hesitations. They had hardly talked about the baby all these months! He thought that she doesn't want to talk and she thought that he didn't want to!

It was abnormal! But when had their relationship ever been normal?! They had always shared a twisted and a deviant bond.

What if he just couldn't stand the site of the baby now? His hands became clammy and his breathing became labored. What if she didn't want him near her now?

Roy almost pushed him inside along with him.

"She's adorable!" Roy exclaimed poking a finger lightly in her cheek. Tahira smiled, lovingly stroking her daughters head.

"I'll leave you two to it." Roy patted Nilay's shoulder and moved out.

His eyes darted from Tahira to her little bundle of joy which snuggled to her chest. Tahira's skin directly giving warmth and love to her daughter.

He cautiously walked from the door and carefully sat down besides her on her bed. There was the same fear in her eyes which probably his held.

"Can I?" He asked hesitantly and she nodded.

The moment he held her in her hands all doubts just fled away. The baby performed the same act of snuggling comfortably close to his chest as she did with Tahira.

The baby didn't draw any boundaries between them two then why was he? What was he thinking?! The woman in front of him was his and so was baby which he held in his arms!

He face broke into a huge smile and after a few tears so did hers.

"So pretty!" He whispered.

She couldn't stop the tears from falling. Tears of happiness. He immediately wiped them away.

"Have you thought of a name?"

Ofcourse she just couldn't sit and not think of a name for her child. Before she could answer he put forth.