Chapter 50

The car came to a halt. She searched her surroundings and realised that it was the army headquarters. She was lost in her thoughts when she found her door being opened. Angrily he pulled her out and dragged her towards the building.

"Nilay...Please calm down." She tried pleading and prying off his hand from her wrist.

He hadn't left her wrist throughout the drive and it stung now. Angrily he pulled her along with him with such force and speed that she found it difficult to keep pace.

Once inside the building he moved to secluded corner. They stood facing nothing but a wall. He raised his hand and pressed the wall. She frowned at him.

"Wha.." she was about to question when she heard a noise and to her astonishment the wall which was apparently a door slid. Another steel door which had an electronic panel attached to it was there.

Impatiently he punched some numbers and then let a scanner scan his eyes. The door opened and further led to a stairway.

Her eyes widened.

He stormed downstairs with her almost tripping. On the last stair he suddenly stopped making her bump into him.

There were two other men who were in the same uniform which Nilay often wore except that they lacked the badges which he had on his shoulder clearly depicting his level, power and rank.

As soon as they saw the duo they stood up immediately.

"Sir!"

Without answering Nilay sped with her further.

They glanced quizzically at each other and their eyes widened on seeing Tahira with him.

Her heartbeat sped up again. All she did was pray.

"God! Where are we going Nilay?!"

They were in some sort of basement. It was well kept and well lighted. It had security cameras. The material of the walls was different than usual and everything was clean. Any other time she would have been curious to find out about such a place but right now she was scared.

After a few more turns they came to stand in front of a room which had strong glass supported by walls of some material as earlier which she failed to recognise.

Nilay stood in front of the door of the room which had the same electronic panel as the door earlier and repeated the same procedure. The only difference was that instead of his eyes being scanned he had to give a thumb imprint.

She was forced to move inside with him. It was only once they were inside the room she spotted a lonely figure sitting on a chair in the corner with his back towards them which in her anticipation, nervousness and fear she failed to see at first.

Even if she was left in a room with no lights she would recognise the form.

"No...no..." she whispered taking small steps backwords.

Nilay let go of her wrist and switched on more lights for better view and now the person's back was in full view to her.

"You can't do this..." she whispered.

Nilay stormed towards the figure and with force turned the chair towards her.

There sitting on the chair was Uday.

He was hand cuffed, his feet were secured to the legs of the chair and there was dried blood on various parts of his body.

Nilay gave him a strong punch directly in his face and kicked him in the leg. Uday just coughed out loud.