Chapter 58

He couldn't stop looking at her. She was radiating with felicity. In that moment his burden seemed to lighten. She turned to him and her warm smile made him melt.

Oh how much he needed this woman with him!

"The lights are exhilarating!" She exclaimed walking over to him.

"Are you two hungry as yet?" He questioned.

Her eyes widened a little.

'You two' ...how much she had wanted to ask if the baby bothered him. But what difference did it make now that she had decided to move away.

She nodded her head coyly. He held her hand and bought her to the table on the centre. Pulling out the chair he made her sit.

A reservation tag which said 'Mr. and Mrs. Singh' made her heart flutter. A white table cloth, eat cutlery laid in a systematic manner with orchids completed the look.

They were served food in some time. It was Indonesian. She was eating it for the first time and really liked it.

"So do you guys have trainings?"

"Yes! Ample amount. They're exhausting. Why?"

"I meant now that you're done with this case..what next?"

"I will be deployed eventually."

"How soon?"

"For newly married they give a time period of one year. It hasn't even been 6 months to our marriage. So technically I have 6 more months. Moreover it wasn't that I was on leave, I was working so they might decide not to post me away from California for some time."

She nodded.

The wind blew and she shivered a little. He got up and removing her jacket put it around her shoulders.

"So cheesy!" She laughed.

"Give it back to me then!" He challenged.

"No! I'm cold!" He shook his head smiling.

"Nilay?"

"Hmm.."

"Does this baby bother you?" She finally asked.

Tahira didn't miss how his fingers tightened on the knife he was holding making his knuckles turn whiter.

"It did." He spoke truthfully.

Her eyes dropped down to her lap.

"But it doesn't now."

"What's changed now?" She whispered.

He was waiting for the right time. He wanted her to smile when he would finally tell her to stay back with him.

"A lot." He answered grazing her fingers with his.

She just nodded and finished her food. Even after finishing she hadn't lost appetite!

"I'm still hungry!" She whined softly.

He laughed out loud. Her eyes got fixed on him. She had practically never seen him laugh. A smile here and there would do but never laugh. Amused her eyes bore into his.

"What do you want to eat?"

"I don't know! Something yummy!"

"Ofcourse!" He teased her and she rolled her eyes at him.

He got up. Kicking off his shoes and socks he folded his pants midway on his legs. Rolling his sleeves up he looked at her.

"What are you doing?" She questioned.