chapter 7

Tahira's pov

I couldn't sleep that night. All that had happened kept replaying in my mind. I kept on stroking his forehead lightly. My heart broke to see him like that. A tear slipped from my eye.

Whom was I married to?! Why did I care for him after how he treated me?!

Thanks to the fact that I belong to a medical background and to that unfortunate incident 2 years back when I saw my uncle who is a doctor take out a bullet from his patients arm, I was able to do the same on him today.

I was so curious that I pleaded him to let me witness the surgery and thats when I sort of learnt the entire procedure.

I was snapped from my thoughts when Nilay shuffled slightly in bed like he was uncomfortable. I realised in all that chaos I forgot to remove his jeans. I got up immediately and searched for his sweatpants and beater. On finding them I went back to him.

I lifted the soft blanket from him but couldn't get to bring my hands to his jeans. This was so wierd. I had never undressed a guy. Embarrassment flooded me.

I brought my fingers to his belt. Fumbling I unbuckled it and immediately turned my face away. Squeezed my eyes and slowly unzipped his pants. My hands were virtually shaking. Avoiding looking at or any contact with his private part quickly I got up and pulled the pants down from his feet and made him wear the sweatpants.

It was then that I noticed his tonned body. No extra flab at any place! He must have worked really hard to have a physique like that.

"At this moment Tahi?!" and so I shunned away the sinful thoughts.

Not wanting to wake him up I raised his upper part of the body making his back rest against me. Of course his muscles had to weigh something!

Carefully I raised his arms trying not to disturb the wound in any way and slipped the beater through them. Resting the arms on either side I pulled it down and slowly laid him on the bed again.

I knew John since first year of dental school. Both of us took the same bus to our homes and because our professions were somewhat related with me studying dentistry and him studying general medicine, we got along really well.

John had already given him some pain killers and a sleeping pill so he would be free from pain and sleep for sometime. Atleast I won't have to worry about that. I was more than thankful that he had agreed to come!

I pulled a couch towards his side of the bed and made myself comfortable. Putting my hand on his, I soon dozed off.

Nilay's pov

I tried to open my eyes. They felt heavy. I ignored the pain and turned towards the right to get up just when I found her hand on mine. She was sleeping peacefully on the couch next to my bed. She looked so innocent. Why did I drag her into all this I thought. For the first time in life I let my heart rule my mind and it angered me. Immediately I pulled my hand away from hers and that's when her eyes fluttered open. She looked tired. Getting up she adjusted her clothes and put her hand on my forehead.

"Hey, how are you feeling now?" she asked passing me a glass of water.

I dont know what took over me. I brutally yanked her hand away. The glass went flying and crashed into the nearby wall. There were small pieces everywhere. I didn't want any of her sympathy. She froze. I could clearly see the fear in her eyes.

I got up trying not to think about the pain. She backed away. Before she went any further, I grabbed her roughly by her shoulders. Looking straight into her eyes I hissed.

"I don't want any of your favours. If you think you can come close to me through all this, then you are absolutely wrong. This marriage was nothing but a deal for me to keep my father well. Not now and not ever will you mean anything to me!"

Tightening my grip one last time I pushed her back with such force that her back hit the table and she winced in pain.

Tahira's pov

He pushed me?! I was beyond shocked. My back hit the table and I bit my lower lip preventing to make any noise from the sharp contact and pain.

This was too much. I am no toy! Is this what I get for saving his life?! I wouldnt tolerate this.

"You know what? Not even in the wildest of all my dreams did this so called thought of coming close to you strike me! And don't worry, it was not me who saved you. I just called one of my doctor friends. He did a favour to you not me. So if you need to thank somebody, that's him!"

I lied. I didn't want him to thank me. I mean anybody would have done what I did. Yes, he's my husband but he's a human being first. As medical professionals it's out moral responsibility to save lives.

But he thought that I did a favour to him! I didn't care if anybody else took the credit. I just wanted him to be alright. What confused me was the way he acted? What was his problem?!

His eyes softened on my sudden outburst but then interpreting what I had said, he screamed at me again.

"I didn't go to the hospital and came home to avoid any police investigation! And what you did was call some random doctor so that he goes and just blurts out what he saw?!"

He took angry steps towards me and grabbed my wrists. I was so scared.

"He's a good friend of mine and I made him promise he won't open his mouth." I blurted out before he could hurt me any further.

My eyes welled up and I knew I was about to break down so I managed to free myself from his grip and rushed out of his room. I ran to my room bolting the door behind me. Sliding down the door I tried to control my tears and erratic heartbeat.

Author's Note:-

Please do comment !

xoxo Lily<3