Chapter 33

It was seconds before a gun was pointing at them and with the blink of an eye Tahira found Nilay drag the burly man inside.

He pushed Tahira aside and she was smart enough to close the door behind them.

With his knee on his attackers neck Nilay was about to punch him when the man spoke.

"It was your plan! She's working for you! Boss will have his way with her and then kill you!" He shouted trying to free himself.

Her eyes widened with fear.

Distastefully Nilay grabbed him by the neck and twisted it. With the sound of a crack their attacker lay dead on the floor.

Bewildered her hand shot out to cup her mouth. She swallowed hard to prevent the rising bile out of her stomach. She stumbled back and took support from the wall to hold herself up.

Nilay got up and dragged his body to the closet. Stuffing it in like it was a rag doll he closed the door.

There were too many things going on in his mind. He took out his gun from behind his pants and plugged the silencer in.

His eyes travelled to her hunched form and he couldn't ignore the pain in his heart. He never wanted her to witness this side of him.

He killed for a living. He was trained to kill. He killed and never thought once before doing so.

He clenched his jaw gritting his teeth together and marched towards her.
His hand reached to grab her hand consequently pulling her behind him. Almost losing balance she staggered behind him.

Having a glimpse of his broad back she saw him walk confidently like a lion ready to pounce on its prey.

There was a reason why he was considered the best, she saw it today.

Fearless, efficient and a perfectionist. She saw how tensed his shoulders were. He wouldn't spare anybody today.

There had been many times when she was scared of her husband. But the look on his face today made her want to disappear.

She didn't dare utter a word. Following him Tahira allowed him to do whatever was in his mind.

They had just reached the corner of the narrow passage when another guy attacked them. He launched himself directly at Tahira only to be blocked by Nilay's muscular arm whirling her around and then behind him.

The fighting duo lurched inside the adjacent bathroom. With a blow with his elbow Nilay hit his nose causing him to trip backwards. Immediately he turned on the tap water blocking the basin.

Minutes later the guy was fighting for his breath trying to gain leverage from the slab to somehow prevent Nilay to losen his hold on his head which was dipped inside the basin.

And there was silence. The guys lifeless body fell onto the ground.

Tahira shrunk more into the wall behind her. Her body shivering uncontrollably at her husbands' site.
He was like an untamed animal who would not be stopped by anybody today.

Even despite her fear she knew one thing for certain...she was safe with him.

He made the body sit on the toilet seat and steadily moved outside. She straightened herself and immediately placed her hand in his. She didn't want to be any hinderance. She would do whatever he wanted her to do.

He called Roy.

"Meet me at the emergency exit near the hotel kitchen on the ground floor."
He took long strides making it difficult for her to keep up with them. It was the stairs that another man Uday from Uday's team pounced on Nilay. In return Tahira tripped three stairs down but managed to prevent herself to fall further.

She looked behind and ran down the stairs. Both the men fought the entire flight of stairs finally reaching the ground floor.

Nilay fell on his back with the attackers back atop him. His hand wound around his neck. He tried to pry off his hand from the gun he was holding. But with the entire weight of the attacker on him he struggled.

It was then that Tahira fell on her knees and grabbing the man's hand banged it on the floor a couple of times causing the gun to slip away.

Taking advantage Nilay freed himself and without sparing a glance shot him in the head causing blood to splatter all over her face and neck.

She scrambled away in shock and her shivering hand touched her face. Yet again Nilay discarded the body in the utility closet cleaning the mess.

He whipped his head around and looked at her.

Swiftly he walked towards her and pulled her up by her arm. Pushing her outside from the back door he saw Roy.
She was in a state of shock and fear.

Roughly cupping her face he spoke.

"Tahira listen to me. You will stay with Roy in the van. By no means, I repeat by no means you will leave the van. You hear something, you see something stay inside. Do I make myself clear?!"

He jerked her head upwards.

"Did you listen?"

Her eyes met him and she came out of her trance.

She saw it again. Care for her in his eyes. She felt as if it was her last chance to tell him. She knew something bad was about to happen. If not now she would never be able to tell him.

"Nilay I..I..lo.."

His phone rang.

"I'm coming."

She was overwhelmed with emotions and she let out a cry wrapping her arms around his waist and throwing her head on his chest.

He grimaced. Why was he felling all these emotions?! What was she doing to him? This never happened before in any of his missions!

He rubbed her back and assured her.

"Everything will be fine Tahira. I
promise."

She stepped back looking at him and tried again.

"I lo..I.."

She lost track.

"Stay safe." She whispered.

He nodded and the next thing she saw was her husband's retreating back which made her want to cry harder.
She wanted to run back in the safety of his arms.

"I love you Nilay." She whispered to herself.

Author's Note:-

Comment!

xoxo Lily <3