Chapter 22

Tahira woke up with a severe headache. She scooted up a little in bed and held her foehead. She opened her eyes to find a hand with a tablet in front of her. Her eyes flew up to meet Nilay's. Taking the tablet she quickly gulped it with water and murmured a thank you. Her fingers pressed her temples and she tried to recall what had happened last night. But no matter how much she tried she couldn't recall anything after having the drink that Uday gave her. She panicked as all sorts of thoughts crowded her mind.

Nilay came home around 6 in the morning. He had checked her room but she was sleeping so he decided to let her be. It was almost 3 hours later he saw her getting up and got her a painkiller. He was really mad at her for not listening to him when he had instructed her not to have the drink but now looking at her all his anger vanished. Instead he looked at her amused. She had done nothing after waking up except for staring in empty space and giving weird expressions. He smiled inwardly eying how innocent she looked. He knew she couldn't recall as to what happened last night so he decided to play around with her.

"What happened last night?" she spoke in a hoarse voice.

"Let's not even go there." He said trying to keep a straight face.

"Huh?"

"I don't want to talk about it."

"Nilay..."

"Get up and come down for breakfast."

Before she could ask anything else he turned around and marched out of the room with a huge smile plastered on his face. She scrambled out of the bed and after steadying her dizzy form ran after him. She caught him on the stairs and held his wrist with her cold hand.

"What did Uday do?" she whispered.

"You didn't listen to me Tahira." He said in a firm tone, loud and clear.

He wasn't angry but for her safety he wanted her to listen to him and he intended to make it clear to her even if he was fooling around with her. She blinked at him in return.

"When I tell you not to do something you listen. Why did you drink when I told you not to?"

"What happened last night Nilay?" She panicked. He tried his best not to laugh.

"I can protect you only if you listen to me Tahira." And with that he walked to the kitchen.

"Please tell me! What did he do?!" she spoke behind him.

"I am sorry I couldn't be there on time." He said shaking his head solemnly and turned his back towards her beaming. She gripped the kitchen isle for support .

"He and you..." he just shook his head enjoying her bewildered state fully!

Immediately her eyes widened and her hands flew to her mouth covering it.

"No..no no..This can't be true! I...he..." Her eyes became blurry and she kept on denying what Nilay had said. Soon her chain of thoughts were broken by his laughter and she looked at him shocked. Immediately she understood he was playing around with her.

"You were lying!"

"You should have looked at your face! Hilarious!!" he laughed out louder.

"I wish I could let this act go around a little longer."

"You..." she fisted her hands and threw herself at him beating his chest.

"I hate you!" She kept on hitting him.

"Ow..that's hurting me sexy! Stop!"

"Again! Don't call me that!" She said hitting him more aggressively.