Chapter 18

Tahira slept at around five in the morning and got up by seven. She strolled to the cupboard and took out her work clothes. A strange feeling crept her for she knew that the day wasn't going to be good. She took a shower. Getting dressed she ran her hand through her wet hair leaving them open. After hours of thinking she had finally made up her mind. Quietly she strolled to the kitchen to find Nilay talking to someone on the phone. He was dressed and she assumed that he was leaving early. Sensing her presence he turned around.

"Hey, I'll see you then." He kept the phone down.

He looked at her into the eyes. "I know you don't want to do it. I shouldn't have aske..."

She was listening to him intently. Before he could continue further she shocked him by saying "I am ready to do it" and he was stunned.

"What did you say again?"

"Exactly what you heard."

"Why?" was his next question.

"I have a condition."

"Sorry?"

"I don't want to change my mind now Nilay so don't ask me why?" she said with pleading eyes.

"Are you sure you want to do it? I am warning you it's not going to be easy Tahira."

"I know." she replied like some lost soul.

"Do you want breakfast? You can tell me what to do while we eat."

He nodded.

She cooked poached eggs along with milk and corn flakes and they sat opposite each other. Taking a bite he continued.

"So, we want to get out maximum information from him regarding his work. Be it stopping future deals or to dig out the past buried ones. To get rid of every single person involved in the affairs I told you about yesterday. For that we need him to believe that you are on his side. We want somebody who is close enough to tell us what is happening around him."

"He just wants to sleep with me Nilay..remember? Why will he tell me anything?why would he even want me around him, after..." She trailed off not wanting to state the obvious.

"That's the difference here Tahira. You have to make him believe that you want to be with him and that you will always be there through all his good and bad times. I want you to make him fall for you."

The words hit her like daggers and she almost choked on her juice.

"Nilay! I can't do that. I just can't play with anybody's emotions like that!"

"Tahira he is a criminal!"

"Don't tell me that criminals don't have hearts!"

"Well those who have low thoughts about women and play with them definitely don't!"

"Nilay do you even know what are you talking about? Okay..even if I try, this will never happen. He would never fall for me!"

"That's not true. He likes you and that's our major advantage. You have to use this basic fact to the fullest. Anybody would fall for you Tahira...just try once!"

She clutched the fork tightly and replayed his last words in her mind. Then why not you?! she thought bitterly.

"Tell him that you want to go on a date with him today. Make him believe that you aren't scared of him. Show him your strong side by trying to keep an upper hand!"

And there was silence.

"Actually, I'm not sure if it's a good idea. I don't think you'll be able to.." He said waiting to get her reaction.

She snapped out of her thoughts when he spoke.

"Is that a challenge, Nilay? Fine. Now you see what I can do!"

"We'll see!"

"Just fyi there is nothing that Tahira can't do" She tried to sound confident but was unsure of herself.

"Very well then. Lets have a look at what Tahira can do!" He had moulded her. It was simpler than he thought. He just needed to light that little spark of ego in her and it worked.

"So, how shall we proceed with the two of you? Let it be Saturday night. The question is where now?"

"That's for me to decide" she snapped.

With that she got up. Picked up her stuff and left leaving him gaping.

"Hey! Wait for my call." He shouted behind her.

Nilay thought about it. Deep within he knew he was wrong in doing so. Yes, he had convinced and roped her into it but only he knew how dangerous it would be. He had risked her life and was aware that anything could happen. But, he had to stop Uday and this was his only chance. He promised himself that he wouldn't let anything happen to her in any way.

Sitting inside her car Tahira analysed that unlike recent days she felt stronger today. Somehow the fear had decreased. She knew it would be tough but she had to do it. She reasoned her helping him out for the government but deep inside she knew the real reason. She looked at her ring finger tilting her head down. She felt her wedding ring and her lips curled into a sad smile. She murmured to herself...

"Anything for you Nilay."

AUTHOR'S NOTE:- here you go!!

xoxo lily!