Chapter 39

"Tahira! No no!"

He patted her face again and again.

"Stay with me! Tahira..no! Stay with me!"

He felt her pulse and bought his ear near her mouth. There was faint breathing.

She was alive.

Wasting no time he threaded his arms beneath her knees and supporting her back with the other arm scooped her up. Looking left and right he ran towards where they were going. It was after 15 minutes that he a saw a motel. No form of life.

He ran with her in his arms. Her arms dangling on either side. Neck flexed and head fallen back limply.
He had only one thing in mind.

He wouldn't let her die.

Frantically he entered inside.

A cheap motel with dingy walls. No sign of anybody. The receptionist relaxed back on the old chair with his feet up on the table....snoring.

He placed her on the tattered sofa and ran to him. Jerking him up he shouted.

"I need a room. Now!"

Even with the fear and bewilderment in his eyes he spoke.

"Money?"

Nilay fumbled and found his wallet. The leather protected the bills well wetting only the sides.

He took out 500 dollars and placed it in his hands enough for the hungry man.

"I'll pay you more. Just gimme a room!Keep your mouth shut about this...I'll pay you much more he repeated."

Do you have a whiskey?"

His eyes travelled to Tahira taking in her wounded yet wet form. He licked his lips.

Nilay held him by his collars and growled.

"Whiskey?!"

He nodded.

"Get me a bottle. I'll pay you." Nilay assured in between pants.

The short guy hurried and carried an old whiskey bottle. He led them to a small cold room and left satisfied with his new customer.

A double bed in the middle, dusty curtains and a dirty bedsheet.

Her eyes opened again. Pain evident.

He ran to the washroom and placed her there on the floor. He opened the tap and took the towel hanging there.

He ripped open her shirt. Her eyes widened.

"Trust me." Was all he said.

He took the shirt and tied her hands behind her back. The skirt came next which he stuffed in her mouth.

Tears rolled down her eyes.

"Just trust me with this Tahira. Please."

He let water flow over her body to clear his view. It was her stomach.

Thankfully the bullet was sticking out.

He took out his pocket knife and and inserted it inside.

She struggled but her hands were secured. She screamed but her voice was muffled.

He had a feeling of deja vu. She had done the same for him.

She tried to get away from the pain but he held her still.

"That's it...that's it..." He spoke tenderly.

She passed out.

Minutes later the bullet was out. He cleaned the wound with whiskey. Opened up her hands and tore the shirt into a thin width strip and wrapped it around her stomach and waist.

He let her hands loose and removed the skirt from her mouth. He didn't want anybody to grab their attention hence this was needed.

Using the water he used the towel to clean the blood off her body. It was only once her body was clean that he noticed.

His eyes contacted her bruises. His gaze travelled towards her face, neck, shoulders, breasts, waist and finally in between her thighs.

Red raised marks, dried blood and finger prints on her body.

It was obvious. But he didn't want to accept it.

His jaw clenched. Anger bubbled up and he fisted his hands. But more than these emotions there was shock and pain.

He picked her up again and walked to the bed. Placing a knee on the bed he put her on bed.

He took off his blazer and then the made her wear the men's shirt the receptionist had bought.

She lay defunct and cold. He pulled the covers over her.

His body slumped on the chair. His legs lay flayed apart. His hands fell by his side.

He must have sat there for almost an hour staring at his wife.

Distress, torment, aggravation!

He came out of his daze with her screams.

She thrashed about in bed. Her head came up and fell down. Her neck extended and her hands clutched the bed sheet tight.

Beads of sweat rolled down her forehead. Her neck became clammy.

She shouted.

"No..no..!"

He got up immediately and held her arms. Her fingers dig into his flesh.

"Tahira! That's it...!"

"No...please..." She shouted again.

"No body will hurt you.." He said panicking.

"No...please! Nilay!"

"I'm right here baby..."

"Nilay..!"

"I'm here Tahira. With you. Ssshhhh..."

He pulled her upto him and wrapped his arm around her torso.

Her body relaxed and she fell back into oblivion.

Today for the first time in his life he felt it...fear.

Fear of loosing her.

His jaw tightened and he gritted his teeth.

His eyes glazed and a tear fell down. Another tear escaped and they didn't stop.

He wasn't the one to cry. He never did. Not even when he lost his mom.

But today he cried. He cried for her....he cried for hurting the woman who gave everything she possessed to a man who ruined her life.

Author's note:-

Comment! Will be waiting :)

xoxo Lily<3