chapter 2

It was saturday morning. Tahira almost felt like dancing to her moves like jagger ringtone. Chuckling she forced herself out of her bed to pick up her phone which was lying on the table.

"Hello. Yes this is Tahira."

"Hey I am Nilay."

The name sped her heartbeat!

"Oh..umm...hi. How..how are u?" she managed to speak.

"I am good. How have you been?" she could already sense the confidence in his voice in contrast to her unsure one.

"I am good too."

"So I guess our parents have already talked. I was thinking that we should meet up." he put it forth short.

"Umm...sure...okay."

"Cool. So when are you free today?" he asked.

"Anytime!" was her prompt reply.

ANYTIME?! Like seriously? She hit her head with her hand and chanted "Show some self respect Tahira!"

"I mean..umm...8ish I guess. Round dinner time."

"Okay. 8 it is then. I'll text you the place."

"Sure. See you. Bye."

"Bye."

Tahiras pov

Not that it was a date. But meeting someone to almost decide my life..or our lives to be specific, its a little wierd.

I had like a hundred questions in mind!

Will he like me? Will I like him? What shall I wear? What will I talk about? What if I am unable to speak? What if I don't like him? What if I like him?!

"Jeez. Stop thinking..stop thinking!"

So to get rid of this entire thinking procedure I tried to engage myself in work.

Cleaned my apartment, went out for grocceries, cooked pasta for myself, watched T.V, read a couple of articles and when these things didn't work I called my sister...Nikki.

My guide..my partner in crime and almost my entire world!!

She worked as an assistant professor in English in New York. Married to Dev, one of the most gentle and caring persons I had ever met. He himself ran his own business. They met at a party fell in love and after dating for almost 2 years decided to get married.

"Wassup! So mom already yold you about it..ughh!! I don't know what to do? What to wear? What to talk about to him?! Shit shit shit! I am getting into one of those panic attacks!" I squealed.

Like always, cooly she laughed it out and helped me figure out my clothes and how i should react. After talking to her for almost 45 minutes I was satisfied that I could do it...!

It was 6:30 and I realised that its time for me to get ready.

It was summertime and the restraunt he pinged me was all itallian and fun. So I picked up a floral dress which reached my mid thighs, pink shrug and matching ballet flats. I did a messy pont tail and wore matching ear rings. I always sucked at make up. Not that I didn't like it, I just couldn't do it properly! So I ended up just applying gloss to my lips. Put my specs on and by the time I was ready it was 7:30 already. I took my car and headed to the restraunt.

Nilay's pov

I groaned thinking I have to talk to her to get a meeting fixed. Still I called her. But there was something different about her. I kind of liked that voice, the way she fumbled when she spoke, her unsure attitude.....still what difference did it make!

I pinged her the name of one of my favourite itallian restraunts. Trying not to upset my self regarding all this I finished a couple of errands.

Nilay was in the army but sometimes he had to deal with the FBI in order to provide some help. Currently he was working on one such case. They had been working since almost 5 months trying to locate Uday one of the most reputed mafias in the entire world. He created havoc through drug deals, rapes, money, killings and his recent target was the chief of the army. Being right hand man his entire focus was to save the chief's life.

He finished his file work, read some clues on where this young mafia..exactly his age was. He had been working really hard to get to Uday....and this marriage proposal was nothing but some distraction!

He realsied it was time to get ready. Not bothering how he looked like he threw on a pair of faded blue jeans and a simple T-shirt which highlighted his perfectly lean yet fit body.

Tahira reached the venue. Parking her car she got out of it. For the first time in life she didn't have a very good feeling about meeting some guy.

She entered the restraunt and politely asked the waiter for her reservation. The waiter noded and lead her to her table. There she came face to face with Nilay.