Chapter 59

He drove in an haste and over the speed limit making her anxious. It was only when he caste a side glance at her that he slowed down. One hand clutching the dash board and the other placed on her stomach with her eyes wide open, she was apprehensive.

She let out a sigh of relief and her body regained the normal posture. Resting her head against the window she thought. He had kissed her three times before. The first was an envious act when she had danced with Uday, the second was driven by relief and she didn't know the cause of third, but it was full of lust and authority.

The gentleness he showed today symbolized only warmth and tenderness. What was she supposed to make out of it? And for the love of God why had she kissed him back?! What was she thinking?! He loved somebody else..when will it get into that damned head of hers?!

She snuck a glance at him. He was irritated.

"Do you regret it?" She questioned.

"What?"

"Whatever happened...between us...back at the pier ?"

She didn't know where was the courage coming from to question her husband who could lose temper within seconds!

"What! No..not at all!" He spoke urgently. His hand made way to hers and gripped it assuringly.

"Why are your hands always cold Tahira!"

"Where do you have to go?"

"I have some work." He said calmly.

Maybe he had to go to Naisha.

"What work..?" She risked asking.

He didn't answer. She panicked.

"Is..is it him? Is he back?!"

He is grip on her hand tightened. He totally hated this fear!

"No."

"Then what is it Nilay?!"

"Relax." Was all he said and she shut her eyes.

When they reached home she got out quickly wanting to go to bed. She had reached midway on their porch when she saw somebody inside their house fiddling with the curtains. For a moment she forgot to breathe and she took a step back. Scared she ran back and flung herself at him hugging him tightly.

"So..somebody..somebody's in there!" She stammered in his chest.

"Where?!"

"Inside the house..I saw the person..ne..near the curtains!" She was on the verge of crying.

Was Uday back? But he was dead! How could this happen?

"Lemme see."

"No! Don't go! I won't let you!"

"Tahira don't be irrational!"

He pulled her with him towards the door. And then both of them saw it.

The door to their house opened slowly.

She changed positions and again burried her face in his chest holding him tightly.

Before the door fully opened he lifted up her chin and smiled at her genuinely. She looked at him with a mixture of fear and confusion.

Kissing her gently on her lips he said "Happy Birthday Tahira."

Her eyes widened in shock.

"Huh..?"

Winding and arm around he turned her around. She still didn't let go of him. Fisting the material of his shirt at his stomach, with her hands behind her she faced their door.