Chapter 13

Tahira was about to leave when her phone rang.

"Hello. Hey John! Was about to leave."

"Hey, I am really sorry but I thought my mom was supposed to visit me next weekend. I messed up the dates. She is actually coming today."

"Oh!" Tahira was a little disappointed because she really needed a break and finally she was going out after such a long time. Be it an excuse of thanking him but she was really looking forward to it.

"So maybe we can meet some other time if it's not a problem?"

"Sure, no problem!" and the conversation ended.

She knew it was going to be a long day. She sighed and climbed upstairs to her room . She changed into something comfortable and looked out of her bedroom window. It was quiet and the sea looked beautiful. She had always been fascinated by the sea. How the waves would hit the shore again and again struggling each to reach as far on it as possible. She immediately had a strange feeling...a feeling of being alone and it was very painful.

"Struggle...everybody does it Tahi, right? You are no different than the so many others! Everybody is struggling in their own ways and everybody has problems. So stop wallowing in self pity! This is just a phase and this too shall pass away." she assured herself hugging her body.

To get rid of the feeling, she took out her sketchbook and charcoal pencils. Pulling a table just across the window facing the sea she put the sketchbook on the table and started to sketch what she saw...the vast sea.

It was almost 3 in the afternoon, when her phone rang.

"Hello...Nikki! Oh my God! How are you?!"

"I am good babe! How are you? How's work AND.....hows Nilay? No time for your sister!?"

"Everything is good. Missing all of you tones!"

"Dont lie! I can't believe that Nilay would spare even a second for you to think about us! So he is keeping you busy huh!" Tahira could totally feel her smirking over phone.

She tried to avoid the tears which stung her eyes " Yeah" she said softly

"Oooh!! I want all the details! Did you already?! I mean...How's the sex going on??"

"Nikki...shut up!" Stop embarassing me!!"

"Oh come on...tell me no!" and that's how it went for almost an hour with Nikki throwing questions and Tahira trying to avoid them as best as possible.

"Hey, how are mum and dad? Haven't been able to talk to them properly after the wedding." Tahira said.

"They are good! Planning to go on a vacation. Love struck as always, you know!" she laughed and Tahira smiled approvingly.

"Agreed. Its amazing how they love each other with the same intensity even after so many years of their marriage!" Tahira trailed thinking of her broken relationship with Nilay and about how life would be in future.

"Tahi...is everything okay? I mean is he keeping you happy?"

Nikki knew Tahira in and out and sensed that something was wrong.

The words rang in her ears again and again and she knew she could mess up everything if she didn't be strong right now.

"Ofcourse. He is amazing . Really nice and soft towards me . He knows what I hate ...what I like...He cares . And above all he has promised me that we would visit all the beautiful beaches of the world together. You know like I always wanted?!" Tahira found a salty taste on her lips and realised that she was crying.