Chapter 19

Nilay drove to his office and had a short conversation with Roy.

"What did you tell her to do?! Dude, you gotta be out of your mind. First that woman gets married to a man who doesn't want to love her because he has an affair. Then with no fault of hers, she is accused of being involved with a criminal and if that was not enough her own husband tells her to get laid by that criminal!"

"I won't let that happen!" Nilay shouted.

"You know how ugly all this can get Nilay!"

"Roy, it's been almost a year and we haven't been able to get hold of that bastard. It's going from bad to worse. He has already messed up so many lives...he has killed and raped and..!"

"That doesn't mean that she has to mess up her life? I am astonished that she agreed to do it!" Roy threw his hands in frustration.

"This is our only chance Roy. Think about it. She would be of immense help if she manages to make him believe that she's on his side! The amount of information we'll get. We can destroy him completely!"

"Why through her? We can think of something better. Why put her life in danger?"

"Damn it Roy! She is my responsibility and I know how to take care of her! We have to catch hold of him red handed and Tahira is our best chance!"

"Yeah right. All I would say is think about it again. She doesn't deserve this." Roy said with frustration and left.

Nilay sat down on his chair and pressed his fingers on his temples. He knew her too well already. He was sure she would do it simply because she was too sweet to deny anybody! He had already given it a thought and knew that nothing would change his mind now. Only for a split second the thought of his wife's security wavered his mind but he vowed to protect her at any cost. Yes, it will be dangerous but he won't let anything happen to her. He was confident of his abilities and he assured himself that nothing would go wrong.

Just then his phone rang and with that he got information through one of his men that Uday's flight back to California from Vegas lands at four in the evening.

"So that means he'll go back to Tahira in the evening. Probably by the time she gets done with work. Perfect!"

He picked up his phone and dialled Tahira's number.

"Hello" he cringed at her sweet voice but didn't let the guilt take over him.

"Hey. You free to talk?"

"Yeah"

"So according to our sources he will visit you after work." She listened to him unfazed.

"Ok..so?" she said coldly.

"I said Saturday night, but I guess we could do a day earlier"

"You mean today?!" She was ready, but needed some time. She didn't think she would have to deal with it this soon.

"I told you it won't be easy Tahira. He has something big in his mind. He wouldn't have travelled all the way back to Cali from Vegas after leaving the city mid week! We don't have time. Unless you want to back out..." He genuinely asked her this time.

"DON'T TALK ABOUT ME BACKING OUT AGAIN!" she said angrily.

"What do you want me to do?"

"Agree to go on a date with him today night. Dinner. Don't sound desperate. Take your time while talking to him. I don't want him wondering what got you in for a date with him so soon! I want everything to go at a normal pace. Let him believe that you had no way out. I know it'll be hard but please try not to be scared and be confident. Be strong because I know you are!"