Chapter 41

Almost at dawn Nilay heard a knock on the door. Trying not to disturb her he slipped out of the covers and picked up his gun lying on the table.

He moved towards the door and opened it slightly just to take a peek o
at who was outside.

His shoulders, taut, his muscles twitching and his body on guard relaxed when he came face to face with his team member. He stepped outside closing the door behind him.

Taking the blanket from the man he asked him to pay the receptionist well and then wait outside.

Quietly he came inside and wore his blazer tucking his wallet and gun behind him.

He strolled towards Tahira and wrapped her in the blanket. Looking at her pale form he couldn't make up whether she was sleeping or had blacked out.

He secured her frail body in his arms and went outside. As he came with her in his hands the team members gave way to their head. Their eyes landed on Tahira and most displayed a sense of concern and worry for her.

Immediately medical help was ushered inside the van he took Tahira in.

The blanket was removed only from her arm for Nilay didn't allow them to touch her bandage.

She opened her eyes tiredly.

Subsequently the i.v. was inserted in her arm vein and the antibiotic was administered with normal saline. Next a shot of painkiller was administered.

Before unconsciousness fully consumed her she whispered.

"He knows...some..body...." Was all she could say.

It took them two hours to reach the hospital.

.........

"Set up an entire team with my best men to his mansion. I want every single man dead at that place." Nilay roared upon reaching his office.

"My men should spread out and cover atleast a range of 5 miles from that area."

"What guarantee do you have that he's still here." Roy asked.

"I know that b*stard very well. He won't leave the place till he gets to Tahira. He's obsessed with her."

"You think he knows about our plan?"

"He knows."

"Roy find out if somebody's been betraying us."

Roy nodded.

Apart from talking about Tahira on the phone call from the motel Nilay had asked Roy to do a couple of more things.

From the information they had been gathering over the past few months Nilay managed to get all his accounts freezed. TV channels blared with his pic as "WANTED".

Even if he tried there was no way he could get out of California.

Withing the next few hours Nilay hit Uday's mansion and men were taken down. All other secret hidden places as revealed by his men were attacked and destroyed.

What was not new was that Uday had escaped. But he knew that Uday was still in California.

...........

"We were lucky. The bullet didn't puncture any of her internal organs. That's the reason your tattered piece of cloth work well. If there were internal injuries she would have bled to death."

John confirmed looking at her X-rays and other reports.

"I've given her sedatives she'd be out for a couple of hours." He continued.