Chapter 53

Nilay's pov

California*

So I had convinced her or more appropriately forced her to move back with me. It was obvious that I wouldn't let her go back at any cost now that she had come back.

Though I felt ridiculous in doing so I did it. I had settled all her stuff in D.C. without her knowledge. Her lease had been cancelled, the remaining bills were paid and a resignation at her job was also sent.

Thanks to the fact that she hadn't bought a new phone otherwise Erica would have definitely called her and asked why she quit her job. I knew she would be mad at me when she comes to know but I had no option.

Her security is of utmost importance to me at the moment. I will do anything to keep her safe.

It was 9 at night by the time we reached and she was not very happy. She hardly talked the entire way.

I obviously didn't miss the slight hesitation when she was about to enter. I knew she was reminded of that day when that b*stard managed to sneak inside.

"When is dad coming?" She asked tiredly.

"In a day or two." I said moving into the kitchen.

"I'm going back after that."

"What do you want to eat?"

"Nothing..." She sighed.

"It's been a few hours since you had fruits."

"I just..."

She ran to the bathroom. She was throwing up almost every hour so I made a mental note to make an appointment with John tomorrow.

"We go to John the first thing in the morning.." I said holding her hair back.

"I'm not visiting him!" She snapped back once she cleaned herself up.

Obviously she was mad at him for he told everything about her. I just smiled.

I didn't know she could be this stubborn! Also I didn't know I could be this patient!

Wearily she got up and went to the kitchen.

"What are you doing?"

Rummaging through the refrigerator she took out some veggies.

"Are you okay with soup?" She asked.

"Tahira you need rest!"

With that she whirled around. It was a sight! A spatula in her hand and a few tendrils of hair coming out she looked very much ready to kill me.

"For the past two months Nilay, infact before and even after marriage, I've been managing things on my own. Without anybody's assistance. My hands are perfectly alright and I can do my own work. Thankyou very much. I don't need your help!"

"The..kitchen is all yours!" I said raising my hands in defense.

So that's what it's like to deal with a woman with raging hormones!

After we had the soup she had made she retired to her room without a word. Letting out a sigh I headed to mine.

She would be tough to deal with...really tough!

Shoving my hands in my pockets I moved to the window. The sea was exceptionally calm today.

It was way before I had decided that I would quit it with Naisha, even before her true self came in front of me. I was just waiting for the right time.