Chapter 10

Nilay's pov

After she talked to me that day, things seemed sorted out. I was convinced by her idea and she was right that there actually was no way out without hurting our families. I gave an approval to her idea of staying like two normal people in the same house though I wasn't sure about being friends.

As decided, we kept out of each others lives. I didn't go home for days together. I worked my ass off trying to track down Uday but at nights went over to Naisha's.

Just recently we had a couple of fights about her ranting to take her out shopping and me not being able to give time to her for late night dinners and parties. Usually she preffered eating out in expensive and classy restraunts and I didn't have time. I earned well so finances weren't a problem. She shopped anything and everything and I paid, it didn't matter to me, but it frustrated me that she didn't understand the nature of my job!

It astonished me at times for she never talked about Tahira after that night neither did I. Maybe she was more than happy that I spent more time with her. And in any case Tahira was just a nobody in our lives. It was and will always be just us because Naisha and me loved each other.

But why was this always a question for me?Did she really love me?

I did go home on weekends just to get a homely touch maybe. I felt at peace at home and I was getting used to Tahira's calm and innocent face. How she never complained about me not being with her or more appropriately me being an ass towards her. The way her eyes lit up on seeing me and how she would always try talking to me about anything.

I knew she wanted to know what happened that night but I didnt want to scare her so I decided to remain quiet. How she would ask 'are you hungry' or 'you look tired' or 'all good at work' and then mask away all her concern with a 'I was asking just like that expression'.

I mean even after how I treated her she was this nice to me.

Was she falling for me?

But then my harder side would always convince me that it is her fault then because I had already clarified things to her.

When she said she liked cooking on our first meeting, she wasn't wrong because she was an amazing cook. I could easily give up on any of the best restraunts in town known, for her food! She cooked the most delicious food more like how my mom used to cook.

Still we hardly talked but I did ask her if she needed money or anything else but she politely refused. Definitely she had a good salary but I could also clearly make out that she wasn't materialistic and money didnt matter to her. She was clean at heart meaning no harm to anybody. She was an extremely simple person.

So just like all weekends I decided to head home. Moreover, Naisha had a party planned with her girlfriends and I didn't want to spoil their fun so I went home. I entered home to find it empty.

I was a little dissapointed not to find her but why? Maybe she had gone out with her friends or a boyfriend. It instilled some jealousy in me but I laughed it out.

Not bothereing I took a glass of water and was just about to drink it when she hastily entered the house bolted the door behind her and stood there holding her hand to her heart.

"Hey...all good?" I asked her worried.

Her eyes widened on hearing my voice and she gulped. I noticed she was shivering and I took fast steps towards her. Her face was sweaty and her breaths short. I brought my hands close to her face and going by her instinct she immediately closed her eyes turning her face away.

I couldnt interpret all this. I knew I frequently lost my cool but hitting her was beyond my thinking. I lightly brushed the back of my fingers on her cheeks and before I said anything else I found her fainting.