Chapter 51

Nilay stood by the window staring at the sea. His attention was drawn to the buzzing phone. Looking at the wall clock he saw it was 3 a.m. in the morning.

"Sir! He...he escaped. We tried our best..." Before the guy could continue Nilay snapped the phone shut and changed into a pair of jeans and shirt.

Picking up his gun he rushed to his car.

"Hello.." Roy's voice gruff from sleep answered back.

"Uday managed to break free. Meet me in the office." Nilay spoke solemnly.

In another hour an entire team stood with Nilay giving his boy's a hard time as to how they could be so irresponsible.

"It was a blast! His men blew away the entire basement. We lost all our men there sir!"

Nilay clenched his fists.

"Spread all around. Hit all the old places we attacked first. Leave! I want results!"

Nilay and Roy were left in the room alone.

"Dammit! Why is this process so slow! Couldn't the trials be held earlier!"

"I'll see what I can do to find out about him." Roy immediately sat in front of his laptop.

Nilay nodded.

"Nilay..."

"His first target will be Tahira." Nilay breathed out.

"So what have you thought?"

.......

*Two months back*

He remembered he had bought her home after that rough night.

As he held her in his arms and climbed upstairs to her room he had realised how much he missed cradling her close to him. It was the nightmares that had bought him near her physically. But the pull he felt towards her at that moment was much more than just bodily contact.

Carefully he had tucked her inside the bed. Fighting with his inner desire to lay down beside her and pull her into his arms he decided otherwise.

He wouldn't do that without her consent.

Not wanting to leave her he sat down besides her. His thumb traced her lower lip.

When was the last time he was this happy?!

In days for the first time he let out a sigh of relief. Kissing her forhead, letting his lips linger there for more than a few seconds he had finally got up and headed to his room.

He put on his sweats after the shower and laid down on the couch next to her bed. One hand propped up behind his head he just couldn't stop help the feeling of contentment.

After that night life had become normal for the two of them or atleast that's what he thought.

She hardly talked to him and he was ready to give her as much time as she wanted.

She would talk only if he asked anything. She had stopped making efforts like she did before. But he knew he was at fault the entire time and he had to make up.

She always kept a distance from him and he didn't rush her into anything.

He had started coming home early. They were eating together, spending time together heck even going out on walks.

Maybe everything wasn't very good but it wasn't bad either. They would it out eventually he had thought.

Uday's trial was scheduled for six months ahead.