Im Yeojin (LOONA)

clover | angst

(〃゚3゚〃)

"y/n comeback as soon as possible okay?" going downstairs, y/n carries her bag and goes to the door of their house, looking back at her mother and nodding her head. "yes." with a small smile she left. just a few houses away there lived im yeojin, y/n's "best friend" and apparently, classmate. as soon as y/n faced the streets there was yeojin, waiting for y/n. "ah y/n!" a very familiar voice rings in y/n's ears.

there, y/n took steps and waves her hand and walked besides the shorter girl. there was always something about y/n that didn't feel right, maybe, maybe just yeojin, but sometimes she feels scared thinking about what could possibly go wrong towards the taller girl. it felt like there was something lacking about y/n's behavior, it was never there but, it felt like it was there, so invisible.

maybe it's just me.

what's wrong with her?

going inside the bus to school, y/n noticed the sudden silence of yeojin, glancing over her, she had the neutral face, that almost spoke nothing about her problems, all the things she bottled up as she grows up and as she understand what was wrong with her life, she needs a break, but how?

"what's the problem?" with the soft worried voice, yeojin shoot up to give the taller girl a glance. luckily, y/n's face was smiling a bit, making yeojin flush at the alarming state of y/n's kindness.

yeojin chuckles, looking away and scratching her cheek. "oh well it's nothing, just schoolworks." yeojin stated, even though y/n was used to lying herself, she could never know whether someone is lying or not, she herself doesn't know and that at least made her inferior against all the problems she face alone.

"don't mind them." y/n mumbled.

arriving at school, everything seems nice, there was nothing wrong, almost all the doubts yeojin had was gone, surely, it would go back right. she was assured that y/n was indeed fine, and that it'll be alright if she confess slowly.

it'll be okay right?

y/n was acting like her usual self, social, nice, funny, nothing was wrong.

but yeojin would never know, all the things that was buried behind y/n that pulls her down, all the problems, all the anxiety building up, there was so much of them it felt like a forever weight that will never leave her body, and leaving, disappearing is the only solution, it didn't matter, whatever she will lose.

it doesn't matter.

the only thing that matters is her rest, having her own freedom and peace, something y/n craved for.

dismissal, yeojin wanted to go home with y/n, but before even asking, y/n turned to her and said: "i can't go home with you today, i have to go somewhere first, is that okay?" yeojin steps further back away and nodded, murmuring a small 'okay'.

y/n started to walk as yeojin stood there, watching y/n, y/n turned around and smiled. "goodnight."

(。•́︿•̀。)

the next day, there was no y/n everywhere. her parents saying she hasn't returned home.

where is she?

there was anxiety in her body, as she goes to school everyone was asking her about y/n.

days passed,

still no signs of y/n.

until it became months,

her bag, things, was found in a ferry, her phone, batteries, a small radio, her camera, jacket.

but she was not there.

reports has said they were trying to look for her in the bay, to see if a body is there, but there was nothing.

there was no clue in where she was.

"maybe she didn't board."

a year passed.

still no signs

and it became 3 years.

she hasn't returned.

there was no changing the fact that the chances of her returning was almost zero.

yeojin herself didn't have any idea to where will she head.

that time, she realized, maybe she didn't know her too well.

"i want to go to tokyo and live there, with you maybe.." y/n stated, picking up flowers, her shoes getting all the dirt from the ground, her socks wet.

"really?" an audible question escaped through the shorter girl's lips, as she watch, holding into her umbrella.

"uh huh, and we will work there." y/n chuckles, turning around to see yeojin standing there with the umbrella with her hands.

"and instead of saying goodbye while we go off, we say goodnight, so it wouldn't hurt that much." y/n continues, stopping for sometime.

as the memories of them comes back, yeojin stares at the ground, with tears in her eyes. "goodnight..."