Seo Youngeun (KEP1ER)

| hello future

2014, korea.

"you're a japanese student here?" seo youngeun, the girl y/n met while studying in a vacation school in korea, due to the job of y/n's father, their family had no choice but to migrate a different country to the job y/n's father got that had a better salary— y/n at first felt a little hesitant with thier family's choice, but it was for the better so she had to say yes.

the first few week wasn't that bad, y/n's family had to sign y/n up in a vacation school along her younger sister, ayana.

it was for the better, they had to get use living in korea, speaking korean, living in the bustling street of their town, it was no different with japan, but it felt quite different knowing they couldn't understand anyone.

it was her second week in the vacation school and she had met this peculiar energetic korean girl who was born the same year as y/n, she was energetic, loud at specific places, but in classes she was kind of quiet and listens attentively.

right now, youngeun was trying her best to converse with y/n, but the language barrier didn't help.

y/n continued to walk towards the cafeteria of the vacation school, youngeun tailing behind her, she didn't know why or what did youngeun wanted from her, she couldn't even understand her.

when y/n noticed youngeun hasn't given up with the pursuit, y/n stopped from her tracks and faced youngeun, a stone like expression present, it gave chills on youngeun's skin as she stared back— taken back by the way she was stared at.

in english, y/n spoke. "what is it?" youngeun stared at her, confused, but slightly getting the point.

"you japanese student?" youngeun inquired, brows rising up. y/n looked at her, lips pursing as she bobbed her head as a yes.

"i'm korean!" youngeun stated, pointing at herself as she smiled, delighted, yet y/n only stared at her fingers then back to youngeun, expression unfazed at all.

"i know." y/n simply muttered.

"friends!" youngeun grinned, pulling out a handmade bracelet that was tasked as an activity in their class, pushing it on y/n's chest.

y/n huffed as she catched the bracelet, seeing the same thing but different color on youngeun's wrist.

y/n understood what that meant, bot wanting to hurt the latter's feelings, she wore it on her wrist, her lips curving in a small smile as she showed it to the other girl, who beamed and jumped.

"nice! nice!" youngeun cheered.

2017, korea.

"thanks for letting me ride your bike youngeun and taking me home." y/n smiled at 13 years old youngeun, who is also her classmate, who nodded and grinned, still hovering her bicycle.

"it's nothing y/n, anything for you!" youngeun answered, her cheeks flushing red as she adjusted her seat.

after three years, youngeun and y/n still wore their bracelets.

y/n stood there as youngeun looked down and chuckled, heaving a heavy breath, y/n tried not to cry.

after three years living in korea, they had thought they'd be permanently staying there, but it seems like it will not be true; y/n's family knew it was better to leave korea and settle back in japan.

she still haven't said this to youngeun, and she was scared to, she didn't know what youngeun will say.

without realizing, tears started falling in y/n's eyes, youngeun gasping as she noticed.