Kim Minji (NEWJEANS)

| unwanted presents pt.2

note: tw! psycho! stalker kmj!

"oh you guys know each other?" hanni asked, looking at the two girls, from minji who sat on the chair to y/n who stood next her. minji laughed and shook her head. "no, but i always see her here." she answered, in which hanni nodded. "oh yeah, 'cause she works here!" as if it wasn't obvious, hanni decided to remind minji once again, minji only smiled then eyed y/n for the nth time already. y/n knows that minji is staring at her, yet she could only focus her gaze on hanni, who seemed to be clueless. "yeah... i see her here at my shift." y/n can only add.

"she's the one who returned my art portfolio." minji said, hanni looked at y/n surprise, only to receive a sheepish smile from the latter. "really? oh my god! you don't know how much you saved minji's life- her whole academic career and dreams really relied on that portfolio." hanni said, her expression showed hint of surprise and happiness. y/n cringes and then realizes just how much that stupid portfolio must've mattered to her.

"can i excuse myself for a moment?" y/n says, leaning over the table- minji looks up at the girl and watches as y/n walks away. hanni looked at minji and sat down, taking the menu from the table. minji laughs at the judgemental stare hanni gave to her and y/n, whose back was facing them from a few feet away.

"you guys are weird aren't you?" hanni says, hiding her face behind the menu on her hands, minji could only grin slightly, her eyes round yet there are no signs of life in it, just dull and dark. "i think it's just that it's all a coincidence, after all... we're in the same school right?" minji said, prepping her elbow on the table and leaning her chin on the base of her palm.

hanni squints her eyes and playfully scoffed. "what if you guys were talking behind my back?" she receives a light-hearted laugh from the taller one, who just shook the thought a way with a simple: "that is most unlikely." minji chuckles and brings her hands to a bag laying on her lap.

"is soobin absent today?" y/n asked one of her co-workers, while looking over the counter to see a glimpse of the oh-so-familiar tall guy who hovered everyone with his height. the said co-worker nodded and said. "yeah, haven't you heard? he was in a minor accident yesterday." y/n looked at the innocent co-worker with creased brows, heart finding itself beating faster and her stomach churned because of the sick feeling that has arisen along the news. "oh, okay..." y/n can only mutter as she took a step back.

oh no...

y/n looked behind her to see the duo, chatting amongst each other before making her way to them with a face no one could read through. "are you okay?" asked hanni, who looked up at her friend. y/n nodded and sat on the third chair. "yes, just heard a news from a friend that's all- anyway, what do you guys want?" y/n smiled through the heavy feeling, her lips twitched and a bead of sweat formed in her temple.

it's not even that hot.

y/n continued to ignore the lingering gaze on the side of her head, eyes seemingly trying not to sway to minji's direction. a waiter came to their table to ask for their order. hanni looked at minji before to the menu and said. "i just want a strawberry shortcake and a tea please!" minji tapped her finger on the wooden table as soon as hanni dropped the menu and replied. "i'd like to get the same." minji simply said, her round eyes looking over the waiter behind her.

y/n gave a sweet smile at the waiter, with her hands on her lap, pressed on her skirt, she muttered her answer. "just tea, thanks." the waiter left after ripping a note apart and picking up the menu from the table.

after some time y/n had finally noticed a bag sitting on minji's lap, it's not that big nor small- it's almost like a bag for a camera. there's something about learning the fact that minji owned a professional camera made y/n's skin crawl.