This Was My Downfall

(Y/N)

     I clambered down from the roof while holding Aster tightly to my chest. Once I was safely landed on the ground I walked over to Tommy.

     He opened his mouth to say something but I interrupted him, "Are you okay? He seemed to grab your shoulder pretty roughly." I placed Aster on the ground and anxiously looked at my friend.

     Tommy chuckled and rolled his shoulder back, "Yeah, I'm fine." He awkwardly looked at the floor, "Dream just threatened me again."

     My worry grew, "What do you mean 'again.' Is it normal for your people to threaten each other?"

     Tommy chuckled, "Yes and no. Dream and I are't exactly friends."

     "Do you want to talk about it...?" I asked.

     Tommy shrugged, "It's not like it's a fun story to hear. You don't have to."

     I shook my head, sitting down on the grass and tucking my knees below my chin, "No, no. Please tell me."

     He chuckled, "All right." He sat down besides me and began to explain.

******************************

     Tommy and Ranboo snuck up to the small mushroom cottage, snickering all the while. The cottage belonged to George, the king at the time, and they planned to raid it.

     Once inside they opened the various chests and fooled around with the loot they obtained.

     Tommy opened a chest and managed to grab a few chunks of Netherack. That's when an idea sparked in his head. "Hey, Ranboo. Do you have some flint and steel?"

     "Yeah? How come? You don't plan on burning this place to the ground do you?"

     "Of course not! I just want to screw with the lawn out front. Make it look all hellish and shit."

"Oh, I don't know... I don't want to take this too far..." Ranboo played with his fingers, "I don't want to get into too much trouble."

Tommy rolled his eyes as he walked to a crafting bench, "Oh, please. What's the worst that could happen?"

"What if the building catches fire and burns. I'm new here and don't want my reputation tarnished for committing arson as my first prank..."

Tommy crafted his flint and steal and turned, "If it does burn I'll make sure you don't get blamed."

They went outside and Tommy started placing Netherack everywhere. He then sparked the flames, grinning all the while.

"See? I told you it's not that bad."

"Uh, Tommy?" Ronboo muttered, looking behind Tommy who's back was facing the house.

"Yes?" He followed Ranboo's gaze and eyed the now burning cottage.

"Shit."