Making Up

(Y/N)

      I glanced out the window. A fee hours went by and now it was past noon. Philza was still missing, Techno wasn't back, and Tommy locked himself in his room. Aster and Steve are in his room.

      I groaned, lying back against the couch. Tommy probably hates me now, which means he won't be allowing me into his room anytime soon. That means I'll sleep on the couch. I sighed, I should apologize. I need to apologize. What I said was just rude and manipulative, I'm no better than Dream! I furrowed my brow.

     On one hand, I want to give Tommy space because he's mad at me. On the other hand, I want to apologize before it's too late. I pursed my lips and hummed. Fuck it, no time like the present, am I right?

      I stood, walking up the stairs. I walked rather loudly, trying to let the blonde know I'm coming up. I stood in front of the door, hesitantly calling out, "Tommy?"

      "Go away." He sounded sad and guilt twisted painfully in my heart. God, I didn't want him to get hurt and now I'm the one who hurt him. I guess I was being a bit selfish. I know part of me kept him away from his friends because I was scared they'd take him back to L'Manburg. Somewhere I couldn't go because of the Egg. I didn't want to lose him.

      I shuffled my feet. "I'm sorry. I shouldn't have said what I said. It was manipulative in nature and straight rude."

      "Yeah, you're right." He was silent for a moment before replying, spite laced his words and he said it with venom. "I don't forgive you."

      I knew I had that coming but I winced anyway. it hurt more than the weird vine things or even the lava Dream threw me into. It was weird though and i almost laughed, it literally felt like my heart was shattering, as cringe as that sounds. "Yeah, I deserve that. You don't need to forgive me." I sighed, "You don't need to be my friend anymore but you should still eat. I can make you something if you want."

      "Fuck off."

       I winced again, "Alright." I turned walking down stairs again. I glanced at the kitchen as I walked past it. Eh, I don't have an appetite.

      I settled myself on the couch, staring at the wall. I've fucked up before but never this bad. It's weird. When I screwed up before I was the only person to get hurt. I was the only person to blame and I was the only person to worry about. I guess being alone has made me pretty selfish... Tommy's right. I am lonely. I rolled my head to the side and crossed my arms. I kind of want to cry. That's not fair though. Nothing bad has happened to me. I shouldn't cry. Tommy should get to cry.

      I bit my lip, thinking, and closed my eyes. Maybe I can make Tommy something? No, he doesn't want to be my friend anymore... I shouldn't force him to affiliate with me. But... I want him to be my friend. I care about him. A lot. I want him to like me again. I brought my hands up and ruffled my hair, upset. Why are people like this? Why are they confusing and have feelings? Why do I have to have feelings? Why do I have to care?

       I liked being alone. Alone was easy. It was predictable. I had only myself. I could control almost everything by and it was simple. I always knew how I felt and that was all that mattered. Even with Aster, as long as I fed him and played with him he was happy.

      But, with Tommy. With a human friend... it's hard. And unpredictable. And scary. It's more fun, though. But... scary. And confusing. I hate not knowing things. And I hate it more when it's about my feelings because I should understand my own feelings!

      "(Y/N)." I jumped, glancing up. Tommy stood in the doorway of the living area. He was leaning agains the door frame and even though he looked relaxed his eyes were troubled. "I heated up some steak for you. It's on the table."