Cutie

(Y/N)

I held up the shirt in front of my face to cover my eyes and turned it towards Tommy, so that he could see the holes for his wings. "D'you think these are big enough?"

"Yeah," he mumbled hesitantly.

"Are you sure?"

     "Yes, I'm sure."

      I turned my face away from him and tossed it in his direction. After a few minutes, once he had it on, he told me I could look.

      It wasn't what I expected. Honestly, though, I don't know what I was expecting. Maybe something like Phil's large, regal-looking crow wings. However, as Tommy stood there, awkwardly facing his back to me with crumpled white feathers... it really wasn't what I had in mind. His wings were obviously injured from having been bound for... however long, and they were under developed. Small, too small to be able to fly for sure. Maybe glide if he started using them now, although even that might be a stretch.

      "Tommy... do you think... you can stretch them out?"

      "I doubt it. I haven't moved them around in... in a while. I'd be surprised if they can move at all." He sounded bitter but his face was contorted in a mixture of pain and regret.

      "Just try. Please?"

      He sighed, "Fine."

      The white heaps of mangled feathers moved slightly, eventually expanding to about 3/4 of the way fully open. He stopped once he flinched.

     "There."

     "Thank you." I stepped towards him and turned him around by the shoulders so that he could face me. "Remind me that we need to clean those feathers when we get the chance, alright? You should also try flapping them a little everyday so that they stay functional."

      He cracked a small smile and glanced up at me, a teasing glint in his eyes. "Since when were you a bird doctor?"

      "You're no bird, silly," I smirked, giving him a gentle nudge. "Anyway, we should find that obsidian fast. Just so we can leave before any other creepers find us."

     "Good idea. Just," he grabbed my sleeve as I turned to walk down the next tunnel. "One question."

     "Shoot."

    "You don't see me differently now... right? Because of my wings?" He turned his eyes down and away from me.

      "Oh, come on. You think having a cool set of wings is going to change anything?"

"Cool?"

"I mean, yeah! You have wings like Phil."

"They look like chicken wings though."

"And?! Explain to me what's bad about chickens."

"They're... food?"

"They're also very cute."

"Are you calling me cute?"

"I'm calling chickens cute, and, as we established before," I tapped his nose, "You are not a bird."

"Damn."

I smiled before turning to make my way further into the mine, "Okay, then, let's get going. Tell me if your wings hurt too much, okay? Cutie."

A/N
Felt like writing today. Sorry for the long breaks, I dunno when I'll update next. Thanks so anyone sticking around! <3
Also, I know birds get turned on when you touch their wings. This is a SFW book and they're also Minecraft characters, reproduction doesn't even happen. So, touching a Avian's wings is like touching someone's back. It might feel weird cus usually ur back is covered but it's not bird level weird. Okay? Okay.