l.t.f.i - the valentine's day special

venice.

valentine's day. a day of love. a day for caring. a day for couples. a day for romance. i don't know what i was expecting when the day started. i guess everything? but nothing. it had been a week after our fight. we haven't spoken about it. in fact, we haven't spoken at all.

it was painful silence between us. drew has been keeping my company, and keeping me sane. and that's what he was doing right then.

"who's fault is it? who should apologize?" i asked.

"he was going to 'hang out' with our set designer's assistant. i think he's in the wrong." drew stated.

"while that may be true, you're just saying that because you don't like him right now." i said.

"how could i? if you were with me, i'd never treat you like he does. i've said it once and i'll say it till you believe it: you deserve better." drew said. i put my hand on his.

"i appreciate that, d. but do i really deserve better? i hit him first. i drove him to hit me." i said.

"okay so why don't you both apologize? so you can have a nice valentine's day?" he asked.

"i'll think about it. but i'm going to have a good valentine's day regardless. with you." i said. i paused to look at his face. he was confused, but happy.

"drew you've been here for me through out all of this. you're my best friend. so we're going to have a happy valentine's day together...as friends." i said. i wanted to clarify so he didn't get his hopes up.

"so what are we going to do?" he asked.

"well we can't do too much, but we're going to get each other little gifts and get a bunch of chocolate and go to the drive-in and do whatever, you know?" i said.

"can't wait." drew smiled. i'd be lying if i said that didn't make my heart skip a beat. but you made your choice. that choice ain't looking so good right now. but we have to have faith, bold font venice. we do. in drew. stop! you were the one advocating for rudy back in new york. just like people, the voices in your head change. oh whatever. what's done is done and drew's your friend. bet you he'd kiss back if you kissed him right now...he would not. wanna bet? no! yes. no! yes. nope. uh-huh. i'm going to do it. please don't. i'm sorry.

like always, the bold font venice won. without being to control myself, i slammed my lips into his. and...he kissed back. my stomach was doing backflips. he held my face as our lips continued to move in sync with each other.

when we were done (kissing) we separated. it was so wrong but it felt...so good. i didn't want to stop. he was speechless.

"i shouldn't have done that. i'm sorry." i said, getting up.

"i'll see you tomorrow. good night." i said. i left his room and shut the door. i passed rudy in the hallways but i didn't even care. my mind was in drew's room right now.

rudy.

she left drew's room with this look on her face. it was almost as if she were in a daze. she didn't even notice me. i wanted so badly to talk to to her. but i couldn't find the words. but we'd bounced back from worse than this. i believed we'd be fine.

i entered my room and went over my plans for tomorrow. i was going to let her think the whole day that i didn't do anything for her and that i wasn't going to apologize but at night, i had a beautiful plan that would knock her off her feet. i could barely wait.