w.y - who is venice scarlett? (a special chapter)

we sat down with the cast of outer banks. and we asked them to describe their experiences in their own words with their cast mates. here are their thoughts on the newest addition to the cast, venice scarlett.

who is venice scarlett to you?

jonathan daviss
venice is like a twin sister. we were raised the same way, she is only a little younger than me, we're from the south...she's a good person. she likes astrology and she has the best intuition, especially when it comes to acting. for this being her first acting job ever, she's doing amazingly. you wouldn't know it from watching her act.

i remember this one time, we were on set. and between takes, venice started analyzing each characters birth charts for us. it was crazy how much the characters line up with their charts. the writers didn't even do that on purpose. she's a smart one.

chase stokes and madelyn cline:

madelyn: venice is just one of those well-rounded, really good people.

chase: yeah, she has like, a bunch of talents. it's almost weird.

madelyn: she plays the ukulele, she can sing, she can act, she could have a career in astrology if she wanted too!

chase: she also makes great brownies. they don't last two days in the house.

madelyn: all the scenes i've had with her are always fun because of our characters dynamic. sarah and s (venice's character) feed off of each other's energy, like venice and i do. so it's not even like we're acting.

chase: and no one can ever keep a straight face whenever she's in a scene with them. she always finds someway to make us break character unintentionally.

madelyn: right! like there was a serious scene we had to film, and venice had forgotten her line. so we were just going to try again, without resetting, but right after she forgot her line she said, "fiddlesticks". and we all started laughing. thinking back on it, it wasn't even that funny. it was just the way she said it...

chase: now every time we forget a line we say "fiddlesticks" or another one of venice's great hits, "drats".

madelyn: she's also a terrible driver. but don't tell her i told you that.

madison bailey:

venice is very caring, and forgiving. i believe she is the kind of person who can forgive and forget even the worst things. it's just in her nature. she also is understanding. she understands you. and she wouldn't judge you for a mistake you made. even if it ended up harming her.

venice has a big heart. she helps all of us. and she's very easy to talk to. because you know she won't get mad at you, no matter what. she is a great friend to us all, and she will care about you no matter what. she is very gentle and smart.

our characters kind of hate each other, but that could be farthest from the truth with venice and i. she's one of my best friends. because of how forgiving and understanding she is. she is compassionate, and helpful.

she is a good person who will forgive anyone no matter how bad they hurt her because that's just who she is. an understanding and forgiving person.

rudy pankow:

venice is one of the greatest people in my life. she is a great actress, and an even better friend. she can make anyone smile, and lighten up even the darkest of days.