𝚘𝚗𝚎 | New Faces

—𝙎𝙥𝙚𝙖𝙠 𝙮𝙤𝙪𝙧 𝙢𝙞𝙣𝙙, 𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙣 𝙞𝙛 𝙮𝙤𝙪𝙧 𝙫𝙤𝙞𝙘𝙚 𝙨𝙝𝙖𝙠𝙚𝙨.

Taehyung puts his palms in the sink as the water drops from his face. He hoped that cold water would help him regulate his breath, but on the contrary, it burned his face like a flame.

What was the reason? What caused his heart to break its rhythm so badly that it took his breath away?

Taehyung shakes his head. He was doing something like this after a long time. It was caused by this unfamiliar environment and the pressure of all these people he did not know.

Yes, just like that, that was the reason.

He passes his hands through his curls, dries the wetness under his eyes with his index fingers, now he is ready to come out of this toilet where he came in anxiety and go to find his friend. This is not the first time he has pretended like everything is okay.

It's been almost 20 minutes since the show ended. Taehyung looks for Jungkook in the crowd chatting to each other in the Hall of the Theater.

When his eyes found him, his best friend had turned his back and he is deep in a conversation with a blonde man, probably about the same age as them. They are both laughing.

He swallowed. It's not that hard. He can meet new people, talk with them, even make jokes. He can laugh again, freely.

So Taehyung walked towards them, confident in his steps. When he reaches, he touches Jungkook's shoulder, smiling.

"Oh," Jungkook grins, "Hyung, here you are!"

"Sorry to keep you waiting." Taehyung also smiles at him and turns to the young man in front of him, extends his hand, "By the way, Kim Taehyung."

The blonde man's silver jewels matched the buckle of his belt he wore over his suit's black jacket, revealing his slim waist. His already remarkable face could potentially make him completely the centre of attention in his outfit.

He graciously bows his head and sincerely squeezes the hand extended towards him, "Min Yoongi, a pleasure."

Without letting there be any silence in between, "We were talking with Mr. Min about the show, I was telling how impressed I was," Jungkook explained. "What do you think?"

Taehyung had to swallow once again, as he remembered that he was out of breath while watching the show. He can't help but remember that one gaze under the bright lights.

"I can hardly say enough, really, it really impressed me as a whole." Taehyung tries to smile, "I've never seen such an original choreography like this before."

Yoongi takes a sip of the champagne in his hand, "Thank you, I'm honored."

Taehyung frowns. Yoongi smiles and gives him time while he trying to understand.

"Oh, you," he inquires, "Are you the choreographer?"

"Stands right in front of you."

Taehyung turns to Jungkook in a daze, trying to hide it, apparently his best friend knew about this information.

He turns to Yoongi again, placing a gratified smile on his face, "I was hoping to meet someone who I could thank for bringing this masterpiece to us."

"I'm just trying to give them a story that they can bring to life on stage by combining them with their inner emotions. It's completely up to my dancers to keep it alive." Yoongi answers with a sincere smile.

"You're a humble genius, I get it." Taehyung feels that there is an intimacy between them, and Yoongi's smile just justifies it.

As Yoongi took another sip of his drink, he pulled back his glass as if he remembered something and looked at his watch.

"Would you want to attend the after party from here? I want you to come, personally." He asks as he leaves his glass on the high table next to him.

His best friend looks at Taehyung with questioning eyes, "We can do whatever you want."

But he doesn't know how much longer he could withstand the crowd and noise he was exposed to here. He wanted to go home. Go home, take a hot shower and feel safe again on his quiet terrace.

After looking at his best friend for a while, he turns to Yoongi and as he begins to speak to 'politely' reject his offer, a voice rose from the hallway towards them.

"Hyung!"

Yoongi cranes his head to see the owner of the voice, Taehyung and Jungkook reflexively turn in the same direction too.

Taehyung just waits with his mouth a little gaped when he sees the person standing on the side he is looking at.

The silk costume he was wearing on stage was replaced by a plunging necklines white Tshirt, a black staple-collar jacket and black skinny jeans. The chains he hung around his neck were entangled.

He looks like a completely different person to the one on stage, but yeah, it was him.

This time he is close, very close, a few steps away from Taehyung, smiling at him.

He graciously nods to greet the two unfamiliar men next to him and then looks directly at Yoongi, "Aren't you coming with us?" he asks, with an impatient smile on his lips.

Yoongi raises his index finger at him in the sense of 'wait' and turns to two best friends, repeats his question with his questioning gaze, "So?"

Taehyung turns to the blonde man with blinks of his eyes, the words coming out of his mouth spill out of control, surprising even himself.

"Sure. We'd love to."

-

•Bonus images of the chapter•
-please ignore their hair colors-

•Bonus images of the chapter•   -please ignore their hair colors-

-

-