𝚏𝚘𝚛𝚝𝚢 | Healed

—"𝙎𝙤𝙢𝙚 𝙥𝙚𝙤𝙥𝙡𝙚 𝙨𝙪𝙧𝙫𝙞𝙫𝙚 𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙤𝙨 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙩𝙝𝙖𝙩 𝙞𝙨 𝙝𝙤𝙬 𝙩𝙝𝙚𝙮 𝙜𝙧𝙤𝙬.
𝘼𝙣𝙙 𝙨𝙤𝙢𝙚 𝙥𝙚𝙤𝙥𝙡𝙚 𝙩𝙝𝙧𝙞𝙫𝙚 𝙞𝙣 𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙤𝙨, 𝙗𝙚𝙘𝙖𝙪𝙨𝙚 𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙤𝙨 𝙞𝙨 𝙖𝙡𝙡 𝙩𝙝𝙚𝙮 𝙠𝙣𝙤𝙬."

Taehyung had no idea how his feet had led him to his car in the parking lot. All he did was try to figure out what was going on and dial his best friend's number over and over on his phone.

As he drives his car out of the art center with impulsive movements, he leaves behind the grinding sound of its wheels, doesn't even know where to drive. Jungkook's phone, which rang on his first calls was turned off now, and there wasn't even a call sound on the phone that Taehyung would hold on to anymore.

Taehyung frowns with a moment's thought and picks up the phone he has just thrown on the side seat, taking his eyes off the road in split-second times, he touches his contacts, finds the only number he's saved unnamed and taps it.

As his phone is automatically connected to his car device, the call beeps echo inside the car, which gets brighter and darker with street lamps' lights.

Taehyung is stunned at first by the phone answering after a few beeps, because his friend, whom he was sure to pick up, turned off his phone, but the man he called desperately and with a shudder had answered him on the first call. Taehyung can feel his body shaking in the most unhelpful way.

"What do you want?" The voice on the other line of the phone asks.

"Where the fuck are you?!"

"I asked what do you want."

"I don't have time to deal with your bullshit, Beomjin, don't fucking mess with me," Taehyung's angry voice is humming the inside of his car, "Is Jungkook with you?"

"What if he's with me?"

"I'll kill you without even blinking an eye, not so hard to guess, right?" Taehyung's voice is emotionless, words are ice cold, "I swear I'll find you wherever you are and kill you after I get him."

"You won't get him," Beomjin's voice has no trace of hesitation.

Taehyung notices this too, pauses, unable to make sense of it, and hears Beomjin's continued words.

"He doesn't even want to talk to you, Taehyung."

"What the fuck are you talking about?" Taehyung feels like he's losing strength in his hands and legs and has to pull his car over to the side of the road, "Give Jungkook on the phone. Now."

"I've told him everything, Taehyung, your back story, how you betrayed him," Beomjin's voice seemed to be mixed with a noise from behind, but his words were clear, "Even if he won't come back to me, now he knows who the real bad guy is."

"What-" Taehyung whispers to himself, he desperately understands what he means and raises his voice in disbelief because it's impossible for Beomjin to know that- "No, you didn't-"

"No, I did, now stop calling us both."

After this sentence, the voice on the other end of the phone is gone and the artist knows that this is not the only thing he losing.

If Beomjin really did what Taehyung predicted, he would be both lucky and done, because he would know where Jungkook wanted to go, but when he found him there, he wasn't sure if he would be able to look at him the way he used to.

Taehyung drives his car quickly towards the road, neither his body nor mind prepared for the consequences he may face. Still, no matter what happens, he won't stop reaching out to hold Jungkook's hand.

He finally parks his car on a dark seaside with an audible brake sound. As if seeing the man standing alone by the sea, his heart feels heavy, and he can physically feel the weight even though he didn't know it was possible until now.

His slow movements are followed by slow steps as he gets out of the car. When he approaches his best friend he reaches out and touches his shoulder. Jungkook calmly pulls his arm away from his touch, doesn't even flinch.

"Don't touch me." he says, his body unresponsive, his voice far from harboring any emotion.

"Baby, let's go home and talk there-"

"Right here," Jungkook points with his head to the small grasses that have sprouted a few meters next to them, "This is where I thought you saved me while Beomjin was lying here bloodied."

"Kookie.. I just wanted what was the best-"

"Six months, Taehyung, six fucking months when I was locked up in a rehab and forced into hiding even though I wasn't the one who supposed to be there."

"He wasn't going to let you go, he wasn't going to let you live, I couldn't find any other way."

"The only way you could find was really revealing my relationship to my parents and causing them to send me to rehab? Seriously? On top of that while I met that fucker because of YOU!"

Taehyung freezes, before the words spill out of his mouth, as if what they've been through is poisoning him. The mistakes they made, the countless days they lived without caring for their lives. As if they were all choking on the brunette's throat.

"That's the fucking point, Jungkook," he forcefully says, "I'm the reason you're going through this, and I had to sacrifice something to save you! Even if what I had to give up was your trust, I wouldn't care after seeing you live out of trouble."

"You wouldn't care, ha?" Jungkook hits him in the chest and pushes him hard, causing him to stumble backwards, "You were the only person in the world I trusted and believed in, and you wouldn't care if I lost you, if I fall, ha?!"

Taehyung knew that someone as unique as Jungkook could always be accepted by someone in some way, but at that time, he couldn't think that he wouldn't want to accept anyone. All he thought about was that he needed to get away from the dangerous world that Taehyung was lost in, but this wasn't the way what he wanted it to be, and it doesn't matter to Jungkook right now.

As he forgets himself through his thoughts and regrets, Jungkook speaks again;

"You didn't even have to try to convince me that you didn't know how my parents found out because I was too stupidly attached to you to even think about it."

"I didn't know they were going to do this, Jungkook, I swear," Taehyung reaches out and takes his cheek in his palm and slowly turns his face to look into his eyes, "I had to bring that man to the justice without I got you in trouble, and I couldn't have done it without the power of your family. What should I have done? You weren't a thug like him-"

"I was!" Jungkook pushes Taehyung's hand this time with an angry gesture, "Yes I did the things I did because I loved him, yes I hated everything I did but I still did it all, Tae."

"No," Taehyung firmly refuses, "You weren't like us, you were just- lost, Jungkook, while I was so messed up by my own losses that I couldn't see the pit I dragged you into and there was nothing else I could do. I'm sorry, I'm really sorry for everything you went through afterwards, I-"

"Cut the fucking apology bullshit," Jungkook mutters weakly, biting his lower lip as his eyes fill with tears, his gaze locked on the sea as an endless black hole, "I don't think I'm ready to accept your apology because, you know what? No day in my life has hurt me more than today when I found out you lied to me."

"I never lied to you, you know that. I just wanted you to be safe, to live, to heal.."

"Yeah, thank you, I'm healed," Jungkook folds his arms across his chest as a tear falls from his eye, he turns his face to artist's, "And now I messed up twice as bad."

"Jungkook-"

"I think you should go," Jungkook pulls away, taking a step back from the outstretched arms to hug him, "I don't want to see you for a while."

Chaebol turns around and starts walking as if crushing the path under his feet, then pauses for a moment and takes one last glance over his shoulder at his best friend, "None of you."

-