𝚝𝚠𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚢 𝚎𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝 | Losing Side

— "𝙒𝙝𝙚𝙣 𝙞𝙨 𝙖 𝙢𝙤𝙣𝙨𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙣𝙤𝙩 𝙖 𝙢𝙤𝙣𝙨𝙩𝙚𝙧?
       𝙊𝙝, 𝙬𝙝𝙚𝙣 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙡𝙤𝙫𝙚 𝙞𝙩."

"What do you brood about?"

Jungkook had been standing in front of the large windows of his best friend's painting studio for a while. As hearing his friend's voice, he turns towards him.

"You haven't spoken since you got here." Taehyung speaks again without taking his eyes off the detail brush sliding across his canvas.

Although Jungkook hesitates at first whether to speak or not, he finally drops the coffee mug he's holding on the table near him and walks over, "I feel like you've been hiding a lot from me lately."

"Like what?"

Jungkook shrugs, "Maybe it would be better if I heard from you."

"Kookie, if you're talking about Jimin-"

"Taehyung," Chaebol interrupts him as he rolls his eyes, "I'm talking about Beomjin."

Taehyung drops the brush in a moment of surprise at the name he heard and bends down to pick it up, swearing. But Jungkook go before him and takes the brush, forcing him to look into his eyes.

"When were you planning to tell me he came to you?"

"Never."

"Tae, you do realize this is about me, right? What if he just showed up when I wasn't alone-" Jungkook closes his eyes as if he doesn't want to think about it, takes a deep breath, "What if Yoongi was there when he came over to my place?"

Taehyung nervously reaches out and takes his hand, "Did he come to your place?"

Jungkook nods, "He doesn't say any other shit than he wants me back and has changed. I said I didn't want to see him but- he can't seem to stop."

"You should have let me kill him." Taehyung hisses.

Jungkook's eyes fall on his bare feet as he folds his arms across his chest. The guilt he felt for inadvertently bringing them into his and Beomjin's world still wouldn't allow him to relax inside.

"Then you wouldn't be with me now, which means I won't be alive either, Tae."

"Baby," Taehyung pulls him and stands up, takes him in his arms. He could understand the concern he was feeling even if Jungkook didn't say, "He can't hurt you anymore, you know that, I won't let him."

"I'm scared, Tae, I'm freaking out that what I've done in the past will ruin what we have with Yoongi," Jungkook mutters into his ear, "I would have done it if I didn't know I couldn't look at his face again after I told him everything, I swear."

"Stay with me for a while, okay?" Feeling the bitterness in his friend's voice break Taehyung's heart, tightening his arms around him, "We'll find a way to get rid of this mess, like we always do."

"I don't want to lose him."

"Shh, you won't," Taehyung's eyes darkened, he felt the ice in his heart spread over his body, "We're not going to be on the losing side anymore."

Taehyung leaves his friend in the studio and quickly steps up the stairs to open the knocking door. Even though he doesn't tell Jungkook, he clearly knows who the person is.

He had smiled for the first time today when he opened the door and saw the dancer with his shoulder and head resting on the threshold.

"Miss you." Jimin pouts.