𝚏𝚘𝚞𝚛 | Among Friends

𝘽𝙚𝙩𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙖𝙣 𝘰𝘰𝘱𝘴   
𝙩𝙝𝙖𝙣 𝙖 𝘸𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘪𝘧.

Taehyung was standing on one side of his large vanity mirror and Jungkook on the other. Jungkook averted his eyes when they met his best friend's reflection in the mirror.

"I still can't believe you did something like this." Taehyung shakes his head, puts the moisturizer which he just put under his eyes in its place on the table.

"Me neither." Jungkook says, still pretending to be interested in sets of earrings in front of the mirror instead of looking at him.

"Chaebol Jeon," framing what he says with two fingers, "How long has he been interested in his fans who messaging him on social media?"

"Tae," he sighs, "He's not a fan."

Taehyung shrugs, as if he can't help thinking about him like that.

"He just wanted to meet me, and it seemed very kind of him to book tickets for us to a show like this, and-"

"And he's hot, right?" Taehyung interrupts.

"Tae, no!" after looking at him briefly, he rolls his eyes, "I mean yes, he is, but that's not the point."

"And what's the point Jungkook?" He approaches him, "How much can you trust someone you meet online?"

It wasn't hard for Jungkook to see the concern in his best friend's eyes. "I know you're worried about me," he puts his palm on Taehyung's cheek, "But I don't want to wait any longer and ignore the chances that come my way." He smiles.

"After the last things that happened-"

"I know," Jungkook says, not wanting him to finish his sentence, "I know, but I'm not the same person anymore," he just tries to bring back his lost smile, "I just want to get to know him, before I went the show that night, I had already decided that."

They both could see in their eyes the shadow of the heavy burdens they were trying to leave in the past, and they both agreed quietly not to talk about it.

Taehyung stiltedly rolls his eyes, "I'm still mad at you for not telling me you knew him on that night, you know that, right?"

"I know," Jungkook guiltfully averts again, "I really didn't want to make you curious before I was sure he was a good person, like he was online."

Taehyung could understand him. He knew his friend was always trying to do the right thing for him. This trust he feels leaves him no choice but to look at him admiringly.

"There'll be one day he doesn't make you laugh, and I'll end him." Taehyung extended his arms to him and pressed his best friend to his chest, "Because that's what you deserve." He says, in gratitude.

After staying like that for a while, Taehyung drops a kiss in his hair.

"But.. Do I really have to come?" He asks and pulls back to see Jungkook's face.

Jungkook ignores him, turns around and leaves the room, "Come on, we're running late!" He shouts from the hallway.

Taehyung rolls his eyes but still follows him, closing the door of his bedroom behind.

After Jungkook parked his car in front of a pub-style place, Taehyung reaches for the door, but hesitates when he sees his best friend waiting with his hand on the wheel.

"Are you okay?" he asks as he turns his body towards him.

"Yeah, i just-"

Taehyung could guess what he was thinking, it was hard for both of them to get someone new to their lives. He puts his hand on his friend's stretched fingers to encourage him.

"I may need to warn him before he falls for you, irreversibly." Taehyung squints while holding his thumb towards him, "Because you, Jeon Jungkook, are addicting." He can't hold on any longer and smiles.

Jungkook smiles back at his friend, showing his beautiful teeth, "Sometimes you are being really extra, you know that?"

Taehyung ignores him and shakes his head side to side, "That lucky bastard."

"Oh, God!" Jungkook giggles exaggeratively, opens the car door then gets off and looks inside before closing the door, "I really hate you."

As the two best friends get off the car together and pass by the pub's windows, Taehyung stops for a moment when he see these familiar faces.

He looks in attentively, only to be sure of what he sees, from behind the neon lettering, which hangs on the pub's glass window but has not yet been lit as the day has not quite darkened.

His eyes stopped first on the blonde one, already waiting for him. And then they turned to the man sitting opposite him, that's what he didn't expect.

"Did you know he would bring someone too?" he asks with a scowl.

Jungkook rubs his neck, "Would you be mad at me if I said yes?"

Taehyung looks at him, unable to understand, Jungkook continues, "I just wanted this meeting to feel less awkward, if I wanted to summon you I should have called him too."

"You could just-" Taehyung was looking for something he could attribute to the unexpected speed of his heartbeat, a reason to cover up his excitement, "You could just ask me."

"But he's not someone you don't know." The puppy eyes places in his gaze because Jungkook knows it works every time.

After looking at him for a while, Taehyung decides that it would be pointless to make him more nervous at the moment. And he touches his best friend's shoulder and makes him walk again.

As they walking to entrance of the Pub, a voice in his head repeated that he had to realize that he could not escape forever and hide from his life that was going on around him.

Taehyung accepted this, unwillingly.

-