𝚎𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝 | The Intimacy of Being Understood

—𝘿𝙖𝙧𝙡𝙞𝙣𝙜, 𝙣𝙤 𝙤𝙣𝙚'𝙨 𝙨𝙤𝙪𝙡 𝙞𝙨 𝙥𝙪𝙧𝙚/    
   𝙒𝙚 𝙖𝙧𝙚 𝙣𝙤𝙩 𝙝𝙚𝙧𝙚 𝙩𝙤 𝙨𝙩𝙖𝙮 𝙘𝙡𝙚𝙖𝙣/

It took a few seconds to Jimin realize that his face was between Taehyung's hands. His gaze finds Taehyung's after it shifts for a moment to the thumb that wipes his tear away.

"I don't need your pity on me."

Jimin pulls his head back to get out of Taehyung's hands, but he doesn't pull fast enough, it's like he doesn't want it inside. He is confused by Taehyung's gentle grip on his act, which does not let him go.

"I don't pity on you," Taehyung shakes his head slightly, "I understand you."

Now his eyes have also started to turn red as he tried to prevent himself from crying. It was the first time that they continued to look at each other boldly for so long.

Jimin didn't seem to find the strength to try to understand what Taehyung meant. "You can not."

Taehyung smiles bitterly, his thumb caresses the dancer's cheek with a small movement. "You haven't even tried it yet."

Jimin blocks his gaze by closing his eyes. Taehyung hadn't even won him yet, and he didn't want to lose him already.

"It's about that guy, isn't it?" so he keeps talking, tries to make it obvious, "Tyler?"

Jimin opens his eyes suddenly with the nervousness of the name he heard, this time he pulls himself back sharply because this time he really wants to pull his face.

"You-" he doesn't even know what to say, "You- Do you know him?" He didn't want to make Taehyung think he was right, but he couldn't control his curiosity either.

"I don't," Taehyung sits with his back against the wall, places his empty hands on his bent knees, now looking from bottom at the dancer's face. "But I saw you, while looking at him, when he came to you, you were uncomfortable, it's not difficult to understand."

Jimin keeps blinking his wet lashes while trying to understand what he has heard. He had already thought Taehyung was a good observer, but he hadn't guessed that this would cause anything against him.

He hates that his feelings were noticed by others. After all, his life was spent trying to learn to hide them.

"Do you always have to know everything and poke into?" he finally says.

Taehyung knew what he was trying to do. Distracting the other person with questions was also a way he used when he wanted to escape.

He was sure that if he hadn't come, Jimin would have walked out of here and pretended to be having fun with his friends as if nothing had happened.

He leans his head against the marble behind him, "I suppose, yes."

Although Jimin rolls his eyes in response, his gaze is still on Taehyung's face. The purple light that hit half of his face makes it look even more- beautiful. So beautiful.

Jimin thought that he was attractive when he first saw Taehyung, but now when he is that close to his face, he thought for the first time how beautiful he actually is.

His attention which distracted by Taehyung's face, had to be gather again because of also his words, "You don't have to talk to me, but I know that what you need is not to be alone."

"You think you know me?" Jimin is quick to defend himself, "How do you know?"

"Because of myself." Taehyung answers simply.

Ever since he met him, Jimin thought that Taehyung was a cold person, like he speaks very little, sometimes does not even respond to Jimin's jokes, so wouldn't that kind of people like to be alone?

"I thought you were the one who likes to be alone."

Taehyung wants to say that it is not his turn to talk about himself, but he did not want Jimin to move away from him, so he would rather not reply to what he said.

"Did he bother you?"

Jimin was aware of what he meant, "It's not exactly like that." he mutters, bows his head to hide his eyes, which are filled as the warmth that captures his face again. But his efforts are in vain.

Taehyung gets up from the ground, now he's in front of Jimin again. He gently holding his chin and lifts it to look at him. When his eyes find each others, the tears Jimin tries to hold escape.

"Do you want me to go and punch him in the face?" Taehyung forces himself to look with a sincere smile on his face.

Actually, he was trying to throw back the waves of anger within him. If Jimin had said yes in a serious way, he would have really done it.

A faint smile appears on Jimin's lips, but he makes it clear that he doesn't mean it, "He doesn't even deserve that."

After Taehyung releases his chin, he straightens his back, crosses his arms over his chest, "Then he definitely deserves that."

Jimin feels like he can't even stand the thought of him anymore, he pulls his legs down from the toilet and looks at the standing Taehyung, "Can you handle Yoongi if I go home? I hate lying to him."

Taehyung frowns, "Why would you lie to him?"

"He-" Jimin's gaze falls into his hands, which he has gathered in his lap, "He doesn't know some of the things I've been through." he mumbles.

Taehyung nods, now some things are clearer for him. What happened between Jimin and this man must have been deeper than he thought.

Considering his closeness with Yoongi, he thought there must be a good reason for Jimin to hide something from him. Maybe he really shouldn't have gotten his nose into it.

"Do you think Yoongi won't come after you?" Taehyung asks in a soft voice, "Jimin, he cares about you more than you think."

"That's why i'm asking for this, I care about him, too."

Taehyung looks at him without answering, realizing that he does not have time to think about it, but does not want to do so.

Jimin stands up, he got tired of the silence, "I'll take care of myself, whatever."

When he stands up, he puts his hand against the wall because of his head, which is heavy from crying, and his shaking body because of the alcohol.

He can not provide his balance that prevents him from keep walking. Taehyung hastily grabs him by his other arm.

"When you came to me that night on the terrace with a bottle in your hand, I knew you were going to be trouble." he rolls his eyes, throws Jimin's arm on his own shoulder, and wraps his arm around his waist.

Jimin squeezes his eyes so as not to start crying again. He feels like he's just a burden, not knowing how important the trouble Taehyung is talking about can be to him.

"I can go by myself." He makes an attempt to get rid of Taehyung's arm, but Taehyung tightens it around his waist more.

"Park Jimin," Taehyung mutters as he walks by supporting him, "Just because I say you don't have to talk to me doesn't mean you can do what you want when you're in this conditions."

Because Jimin cannot find the strength to resist any more, he quietly accepts the help of the taller one.

As they walk out of the bathroom's door together, Jimin gives up struggling to balance, he leaves his stressed body to the safeness of the arm holding his thin waist tightly.

-