𝚝𝚠𝚘 | Purposes

—𝙏𝙝𝙚𝙧𝙚 𝙖𝙧𝙚 𝙣𝙤 𝙖𝙘𝙘𝙞𝙙𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙖𝙡 𝙢𝙚𝙚𝙩𝙞𝙣𝙜𝙨 𝙗𝙚𝙩𝙬𝙚𝙚𝙣 𝙨𝙤𝙪𝙡𝙨.

"You didn't change your mind, right?" Jungkook glances at Taehyung with one hand at the wheel, "Did you?"

Taehyung stares at the road with his elbow against the window and head against his palm."No, why would I?" He mutters.

Jungkook had known his best friend since their freshman year of high school. Among all the rich snobs in their school, in fact Jungkook was one of them although he did not want to admit it, Taehyung was the only person who was different to him.

Unlike them, he wasn't just talking about what they were doing with their father's money. And he hadn't grown up in a family that was trying to raise a robot that they could put in charge of their company, unlike Jungkook. After many years together, he is aware of he know him better than anyone.

"I was sure you wouldn't want to go." He says suspiciously.

Taehyung turns to him this time, "I decided to give a chance to things that I wanted to do but couldn't dare." He smiles, almost bitterly.

Jungkook didn't seem to believe him, but still wished that everything would go well, by himself. "It's been a long time since I attended a party with you," he glances at his best friend again, "I miss you Tae."

Taehyung smiles at him with all his affection, knowing well that he wouldn't dare to do such a thing if he wasn't with him. He thought that he will try his best to make this a night for his friend that he will not worry about and think of nothing but fun. And for himself, of course. He knows he can do it when he is with Jungkook.

He decided to respond jokingly to what he said, "This may be the last party you want to join with me because, you know, I'll live it up a bit." He laughs and straightens up, taking his head from his palm, after looking at him for a while, he leans on Jungkook's wide shoulder.

Jungkook laughs without looking at him, "You're a complete bastard when you want to be." He rests his chin against the curly hair of his best friend, keeping his eye on the road.

After a while, Taehyung lifts his head towards Jungkook without pulling it off his shoulder. "What were you and Min Yoongi talking about before I came, and he invited us 'personally'?" It's like he's thinking out loud.

Jungkook shrugged his empty shoulder, "We were both waiting for our friends, we could say that we accompanied each other."

"The boy who called him was his friend?"

Taehyung tried to make his voice sound reckless. As if a tremor had not passed through his body when he thought about that moment.

"Wasn't that boy one of the dancers on the show?" Jungkook frowns as if trying to remember.

Taehyung remembered that Yoongi went to the dancer after he left them, threw his arm over his shoulder, ruffled his hair with the other hand, and they came down the stairs laughing. Was he that close with all his dancers?

"He was, I suppose." Finally he answers through his thoughts.

They walked through walls decorated with tall, differently framed mirrors. The white led lights that illuminated the area made the place look even more elite. When they finally arrive at the hall, Taehyung hesitates when he hear the sound of R&B music playing.

He turns to Jungkook, "Are we sure we've come to the after of the show we just watched?" He nods in the rhythm of the music, laughing.

His best friend can't stop himself from giggling to the face of him, "What did you expect? More ballerinas flying around?" He taps Taehyung on the shoulder, "You seem to have forgotten what a party means."