☽︎Shape Shifted☾︎

...

"You really don't remember anything?" Y/n asked Lydia as she and Allison walked with her to the school doors.

"They called it a fugue state, which is basically a way of saying 'we have no idea why you can't remember running through the woods naked for two days'. But personally, I don't care. I lost nine pounds." Lydia paused in front of the doors and did a little pose making all three chuckle.

"Are you ready for this?" Allison asked.

"Please. It's not like my aunt's a serial killer." Lydia turned on her heel and walked through the doors. Allison gave her back a blank look and Y/n smiled at her, giving her arm a pat before following Lydia, Allison following a moment later. Lydia paused and the girls stood next to her to find everyone in the hall had stopped in their tracks to stare at them. Usually Allison would be stared at for being the new girl, Lydia for being pretty and popular, and Y/n for being kind of intimidating and a bit of an outsider.

"Maybe it's the nine pounds." Allison spoke quietly to Lydia.

"What the hell are you all looking at?" Y/n yelled to the crowd and her forceful voice spurred everyone into moving on. She gave a smile to her friends. Lydia gave her a tiny nod before flicking some of her hair back and striding down the hall in her usual confident bravado. Y/n and Allison shared a smile and followed the strawberry blonde.

...

Y/n now sat with Scott and Stiles at the field as they got ready for practice. Scott telling her what happened in the locker room. "It was kind of like a scent, but I couldn't tell who it was."

"Makes sense. A room full of sweaty boys and only one other werewolf? Even with heightened smell, it would be hard to pinpoint the owner of one scent in that cacaphony if stimuli."

"What if you can get him one-on-one? Would that help?" Stiles asked.

"Yeah." Scott nodded.

"Okay. I think I got an idea." Stiles ran off down the field leaving Scott and Y/n.

"Is that how you could tell I was turning?" Scott asked her suddenly. "Because you could smell it?"

"Kind of. But mostly I knew the signs and I could kind of... Sense it, I guess. But the scent does help. Almost every creature has a scent."

"Like how you smell like flowers?"

She nodded. "That is a witch's natural scent."

Stiles ran back to them then carrying the goalie stick. "I told Coach you're switching with Danny for the day." He gave Scott the stick.

"But I hate playing goal."

"Remember when I said I had an idea? This is the idea."

"Ohh." Scott nodded.