☽︎117☾︎

...

Kira and Malia had been dropped off while Y/n called Alan to tell him about their current situation with a changed Derek. She and Lydia had kept him wrapped in a blanket which protected him from the rain when they pulled up to the animal clinic and Scott carried in the unconscious wolf. Alan quickly cleared the table as they ran in and he helped Scott lay Derek down so the man could examine him. When Alan finally got a good look at Derek's face all he could say was, "Wow."

"Wow?" Stiles repeated. "Wow as in, 'I've seen this before and I know exactly what to do,' kind of wow? 'Cause that's kind of what we were hoping for."

"I think you might be overestimating my abilities."

"I tried seeing if I could reverse this or at least figure out what this was, but I couldn't find anything in my grimoire." Y/n told him.

Lydia felt Derek's hand, noticing it's lack of warmth. "He's cold. Really cold."

Alan checked his pulse and then his pupil response, Scott watching with a question on his mind. "Do you think this is permanent?" He looked at Alan.

"I'm not sure a medical diagnosis is even adequate. This is well beyond my experience."

"So what do we do with him?" Stiles asked.

"Until he wakes up? Probably not much. It might be best to leave him here with me. He'll be safe here."

"You mean from Kate?"

"If she's alive and she is what you say she is, she won't be able to walk past that gate."

"Why would she want to do this to him?" Y/n wondered.

"Knowing Kate, it's probably for a reason that won't be any good for anyone but her."

"And bad for everyone else." Stiles scoffed.

Alan slightly nodded. "You guys should probably go home. He doesn't look to be in any danger. So maybe the rest of you should get some sleep? It is a school night. And you all need to start taking care of your own lives again."

"I'm not leaving." Y/n denied.

Alan gave her a look. "You're still healing. Don't think I don't notice that cut you're trying to hide."

"Someone should stay with you." Scott said.

"I'll stay." Lydia offered. "I'm not injured and my grades are fine. Despite missing a few classes."

"I'm fine." Y/n tried to convince.

"Y/n, it will be fine. Go."

"Text us if anything happens." Scott told Lydia and she nodded.

"I'm so not okay with this." Y/n protested as Scott and Stiles both ushered her out of the room. In truth she could have stayed and no one would have been able to do anything about it, but she knew Alan was right. She needed to heal and rest or else she wouldn't be able to help anyone, let alone Derek.