☽︎Codominance☾︎

...

Y/n stands beside the Jeep, leaning against it and watching Stiles as he works away at the engine, trying to get it working enough so that they could ride into the desert to fetch Kira. He reached in, tightening something with a spanner before pulling out a bundle of wires. He tossed them aside and reached in again. He then pulled out large piece of... Well, Y/n didn't know what it was, but Stiles tossed that aside as well. "What was that?" She asked.

"No idea."

"Was it important?"

"No idea."

"Okay then." She nodded to herself. She remained silent, content to just watch him work on the Jeep, quietly enjoying the movement of his arms as he turned this and fiddled with that.

Scott walked out at the same time Stiles grunted in frustration, the Alpha moving to stand opposite Y/n beside the Jeep and grabbing the light hanging off of the hood. "So, what did he want?" Stiles asked about Liam who they both heard Scott talking to.

"To help."

"You gonna let him?"

"Eventually, I guess."

"Okay, but shouldn't he be a little higher on your priority list right now? I mean, since he's the only other actual werewolf, and your only actual Beta."

"You didn't see the way that he came at me. You didn't see the look in his eyes."

"Well, I've been with you on a full moon, so I've seen the look."

"The girl he loved was dying, and to make matters worse, it was the supermoon." Y/n reminded. "I remember when it was just a regular full moon and the girl you loved had only broken up with you. Love is potent and can make you do things you never thought you would."

Stiles nodded in agreement with his girlfriend. "You want to get the band back together, Scott, you don't leave out the drummer."

"We wouldn't be complete without Phil Collins."

Stiles went around to the driver's side and reached in, turning the key to test the Jeep. The engine roared to life and the three moved to stand in front of the hood, Stiles tossing his arms up in victory. "Success! Yes!" He closed the hood and the three then climbed into the vehicle, Scott unwittingly placing himself in the back where he had to share space with several large antifreeze bottles.

"What in the..." Y/n trailed off in surprise when she saw the amount of bottles Scott had to squeeze next to.

Stiles looked between their matching looks of question and held his thumb and fore finger together. "It's a minor leak. Very minor." He promised before he put the Jeep in gear and started to drive away, although Y/n doubted his claim for it sounded like it was raining under the car as they sped off.

...

Stiles glanced over at Y/n as she lightly moaned in her sleep for not the first time since she dozed off a while ago. It sounded almost pained, like a whimper of some kind, and it was starting to worry him that she might be having a nightmare. As he reached over to gently shake her awake, his hand stilled in the air when she started to mutter.