Erik Destler

A request for billiethedramaqueen

'This day is absolutely the worst!' Alexandra thought to herself as tears streamed down her face while she sat on the roof of the Opera house. Her cloak wrapped tightly around her along with a blanket. Erik had been up on the catwalk, hidden in a dark corner during the performance and had seen the girl run off of the stage and to her room before running for the roof. Feeling slightly concerned for the girl, he grabbed two blankets before following the girl. 

"I wish tonight had went better. I should've practiced harder and this wouldn't of happened." Alexandra cried out loud not noticing the Opera Ghost behind her. 

"You did your best and that's what counts, Alexandra. Don't ever make the mistake of letting people tell you what to do or crush your dreams." 

Alexandra jumped and placed a hand over her chest, clearly not expecting Erik to be there. 

"I hate when you do that! You scared me." Alexandra whined to Erik, causing him to chuckle. 

"I'm sorry." He shrugged his shoulders at the sad and now frightened girl. 

"My performance could've been better. I don't know what happened! I practiced but I don't feel it was enough." 

Erik walked towards the girl, the two blankets still in his hands, and sat down with his back against one of the statue blocks. Alexandra remained in her spot right beside him as she looked up at the stars that filled the night sky. 

"Come here." Erik softly told her. 

Alexandra slowly complied and scooted over between his legs, letting her back rest against his chest. Erik unfolded the blankets and draped them over her to keep them both warm. While her gaze remained on the stars, his remained on the girl in his arms. 

"If you feel like you're voice needs to be improved I will gladly help you. Your voice is absolutely beautiful but if you disagree then I will help you however you want me to." He softly told the girl. 

"I would gladly appreciate that Erik. I just need to learn whatever you know." Alexandra whispered back. 

The two didn't speak further on the subject, but changed it into lighter conversations. Erik told her all about his previous scares of the week and some from before she came to the Opera house. Between the smiles, laughter, and swapping of stories, Erik found himself feeling vulnerable and not tense. Her head was still leaned back on his chest as they stared into the beautiful star-filled night sky. 

"I sometimes wish I could be like the stars." Alexandra admitted. 

"Why?" 

"They're so far away from everything. They're independent, shine brightly, beautiful, and there are billions of them. None are the same. They may all be stars, but they shine differently. They keep the night sky lit up." Alexandra told Erik in a dream-like state. 

"You're absolutely right about all of that. However, you're just like them in some aspects. You're independent because you never ask for help unless you need it. You shine brightly all on your own and when I help you to reach your full ability with singing, you won't ever have to deal with what you dealt with tonight again. Alexandra, you are beautiful both on the inside and outside. I'm glad there's only one you. You are you're own person and nobody can take that away from you. Others might have the same interest as you, maybe some of the same skills as you, and more, but they will never be you. They can't replicate your way of doing things. You're right, the stars do shine differently and so do you. You may not keep everyone else's dark times lit up, but you keep mine lit up. Never make the mistakes I made. Don't let others tear you down, control you, and never ever let them make you feel like you're less than them. They're just jealous of you." Erik passionately and slightly angrily told the beautiful girl he was still holding onto. He never wanted her to feel or go through what he went through. 

"You're the star in my darkness too, Erik. You're the one person, well the only, I can trust and rely on. That's why I love you." Alexandra spilled, not regretting anything she said. 

Erik was caught off guard at her words but felt his heart clench and a warm feeling. She felt comfortable enough around him to trust him. This was not a feeling he was used to. Erik would be lying if he said he didn't feel the same way. He had spent countless nights with her in his lair or on the roof talking to her or just showing her all his secret passageways in the Opera house. One of those places being his lair. He felt touched that he didn't have to fight with her to prove his words, but he hoped she would believe him. Erik had no idea why he opened up to Alexandra as much as he did. Perhaps it was because he felt like she understood him on the deepest level. Either way, he was glad. 

"You're the only one I trust and rely on as well. I think I'm in love with you.." Erik froze up not used to saying those words. Alexandra sat up and faced Erik. Erik locked eyes with her and gently rose a hand to her cheek. Gently brushing a gloved thumb across her cheek, Erik studied her face before leaning forward and lightly brushed his lips against hers. Alexandra leaned forward to kiss him properly. Her hand rested on his cheek, making him shudder at the softness of her touch. They pulled away to breathe but rested their foreheads on one another. 

"Let's go back inside and get something to eat and drink before we go to the lair." Erik smiled. 

"We should scare a ballet girl first." Alexandra grinned mischievously at him. 

"You really are different from the rest." Erik chuckled at her, slightly concerned at how devious her grin was. 'I might have to leave after this' Erik mentally facepalmed at the various scenarios that were popping in his head.