Mike Banning

For my best friend The-Man-with-No-Name

Mike had just finished with his training for the day. He had been training for the past week nonstop. He felt like he had to keep it up otherwise he would slip up during a mission and fail. That had always been his worst fear. 

"I'll see you next training session Banning." Justin grinned at his friend. 

"Look forward to me kicking your ass again." Mike laughed as he walked to his truck. 

On the way home, all he could think about was seeing his girl and taking a shower. Today's training had consisted of him being aware of his surroundings and sharpening his senses without any distractions. Mike pulled into the driveway and put the truck in park. He kept the keys in his hand and grabbed his bag with the other. After locking the truck, Mike trudged up the porch stairs and opened the door walking through. As he shut the door behind him, he noticed it was too quiet. Before quietly placing his bag down beside the couch, he grabbed his gun and proceeded forward towards the stairs that led up to their bedroom. Making sure he didn't make a sound, he crept up to the last stair, his eyes focused on his current surroundings. Once everything was clear Mike went forward to their bedroom hearing soft crying. On the bed laid his precious Elise who was crying her eyes out. He put the safety back on the gun as he entered the room and placed it on the nightstand. Laying down on the bed, he reached his arms out for her to move in. 

"What's wrong sweetheart?" Mike whispered to her. 

"Everything!" Elise wailed out sobbing harder. 

"Come here." 

Elise lunged herself into his arms, glad that he was finally home. He had been gone for long hours this week because of his training and it was killing her. She was constantly emotionally drained and it was starting to irritate and exhaust her. She was getting better but when Mike went away for training it all went downhill. She enjoyed his warmth and comfort. He didn't always know what to say so he let his actions speak louder than his words. 

"Shh, it's okay. I'm here." Mike held onto her tightly as she cried into his shoulder, her arms sliding under his, her fingertips digging into his back. He continued to comfort her as she let all her emotions out. 

"I...I'm j...just so sick...sick of this." Elise wailed out again. 

Mike looked down at the sad girl's face. He leaned forward and kissed her forehead before he pushed her head to his chest with his hand resting on the back of her head. "I know I haven't been here all this week because of training but I don't train again until next month so I'm all yours until I go back to work in two weeks. I will be here for you no matter what. It doesn't matter what time it is, where I am, or anything else. I will always be here for you and I promise you that." 

Elise cried harder at his words and clung tighter onto him. "I love you so much!" 

Mike chuckled at her dramatic words. "I love you too." 

She curled up against him, being comforted by every word that fell out of his mouth. Elise didn't know what her life would be without him and he didn't know what his life would be without her. They completed each other, comforted each other, and so much more. They knew what a real relationship was and strived to follow their beliefs of what it was. Communication, trust, loyalty, honesty, being supportive, and taking each others thoughts and emotions into consideration. They were a perfectly imperfect couple and that's what made them strong. Every terrible situation they faced they came out stronger.