Erik Destler

This request is for my amazing friend BrendaDaaeDestler

A/N: I found this picture and couldn't help but put it in the chapter. I found it rather funny. 

It has been two years since the Opera House burnt down and it had been successfully rebuilt. Andre and Firmin were still the managers and had thought the Phantom had fled after the destruction. How wrong they were. Old dancers came back but new ones were needed as well as a new Prima Donna since Carlotta had quit after her beloved Piangi had died. Many girls had auditioned before me but unfortunately didn't meet what the managers were looking for. It was finally my turn and I was ready. Andre and Firmin motioned for me to start. I had chose Think of Me as my song choice and began. I let my voice carry throughout the Opera House, hitting all of the notes. Once I finished, I noticed that everyone was gathered around me and started clapping. 

"Andre, I do believe we just found our new Prima Donna!" Firmin stated happily. 

"You start practicing tomorrow afternoon. You will be staying in the Prima Donna room obviously and your belongings will be placed in there." Andre told me. 

They dismissed everyone and continued their conversation as they walked away. I smiled excitedly with my dream finally coming true. Little did I know a certain OG had heard my singing and would make his move. 

Erik's P.O.V

I sat here trying to finish a new opera I had planned on giving to the so called Managers. They really thought I would disappear and leave my home? How wrong they were. A beautiful voice stopped me from writing. I knew I shouldn't after what happened with Christine, but I had to know this woman. Her voice was far more flawless and beautiful than Christine's. I made my way out of my lair and jumped a little noticing that Madame Giry was standing there. 

"Erik I know what you are thinking but I do not recommend you doing it." Madame Giry scolded me like a mother to a child. I looked down embarrassed. 

"I know I shouldn't do it but I want to know her. I have a good feeling about her."

Madame Giry shook her head. "I know you won't listen to me but do be careful. I don't want to have to clean up another mess of yours. I don't want you getting hurt again." She said with a motherly tone. Giry turned around and made her way back above. 

*End of Erik's P.O.V

I made my way inside my room taking in everything. As I turned around there was a red rose with a black ribbon tied around the stem laying on the dresser with a note beneath it. I picked up the rose smelling it and smiling then moving on to open the note. 

I have to say that you, my dear, have a beautiful and flawless voice. I believe that you will go far with your gift. I do not recommend you letting anyone know that you received this letter. They believe that I fled after the fire two years ago. If you would allow it, I would love to be your teacher.  - OG

I froze in my spot. There's no way he would've came back... clearly this is a joke. I listened to his warning about not showing this letter to anyone and placed it in a safe place. I realized it was a little past five which meant they would be done fixing supper. I wasn't really hungry though so I decided to stay in. I heard a noise causing me to look up. My mirror slid open and a figure stepped through it. Who would be coming... 

"Well...this isn't exactly how I wanted to meet you.." The opera ghost said. 

"Normally I would be freaked out when a man comes through my mirror, but it could always be worse." I shrugged nonchalantly. Nothing really ever scared me. Where I used to live with my family, random people would run through the house or jump through my window. They would either be running from the police or criminals so it became a normal thing. None of them hurt us since they were too busy running, but a quick hello would be said while running. Anyways, back to the Phantom. "So Mr. Phantom, what can I do for you?" 

"I'm allowing you and only you to call me this." He sternly said.

"Call you what?"

"My real name...Erik. I came for your answer for me to be your teacher." 

"I love it. And your answer is yes."

"Your voice is perfect and flawless the way it is so we won't worry about that. I want to teach you how to write music and teach you how to play the organ. That is if you'll allow it." I nodded standing up. Erik held out a hand and I took it. 

*Two months later*

Erik has been teaching me everything about music and I greatly appreciate it. We have also been getting closer and talking over a certain little ballet girl who wouldn't stop asking a million questions and showing her jealousy. Meg Giry found out that I had been with Erik and she would always try to put me down, etc. I got my revenge when her mother, Madame Giry, found out that her daughter had been spying on Erik and I. The Opera Populaire had an opera show in about a month and everyone has been practicing nonstop including myself. Once rehearsals were done I always went back to my room and waited for Erik. Today however, wouldn't be one of those days. One could only guess that Meg had a little temper tantrum and told the managers that the Opera Ghost was still here and that he had been sneaking into my room at night. Luckily, Erik heard and hid in other parts of the opera house making sure that no trace of him was left behind. The police went into my room and went through the mirror into his lair. A while later they had came back stating that there was no trace that he had been there. They searched my room as well and again..nothing. They scolded Meg, until the point she cried, then left. 

Months had passed by until it was a year later. All of the opera's shows were a success causing everyone's salary to raise. I always shared my salary with Erik,but sometimes I gave him all of it. The day that the police had searched his lair and my room, Erik and I had started dating and have now been together a year. He explained everything to me that day about Christine and how she betrayed him, and how he was obsessed with her but loved her. I'm not going to lie, it broke my heart and I cried. He admitted that he had a good feeling about me when he first heard my singing. He also admitted that he fell in love with me and I told him I felt the same. There had been plenty of arguments between us but they were always resolved. I honestly never felt more alive. Erik seems more nervous today. He kept pacing back and forth in front of his organ. It's a good thing it was my day off and I had all the time in the world. 

"Erik, what is wrong with you today?!" I yelled at him. He jumped a little when I yelled and finally stopped. He seemed nervous as he made his way over to me. 

"For the past year, you have shown me nothing but compassion even though I don't deserve it. You have always been there for me when I had no one else and never gave up on me when I was stubborn and irrational. I fell in love with you and I hadn't planned to. I have honestly never felt this way before and that includes with Christine. I love you and I am in love with you. I need you." Erik said as he started crying while getting down on one knee. "Will you be my angel and marry me?" I lost it at this point and started letting the tears fall as I stood there. "Yes, yes, yes!!" I exclaimed. Erik placed the ring on my left hand on my ring finger and stood up pulling me into a passionate kiss. "I love you Erik. So much." "I love you too my angel." Erik said right before pulling me into another kiss. I was going to become Mrs. Destler. Life is good. 

*Another year later*

Erik and I moved away from the Opera Populaire. I still sang but not as much which caused them to hire another Prima Donna to sing in when I wasn't there. Today was the big day. Erik and I were finally getting married. Madame Giry was attending it which Erik greatly appreciated. Erik and I had just finished saying our vows and saying I Do. 

"I now pronounce you man and wife. You may kiss your bride." The preacher smiled at us. Erik wasted no time pulling me into a kiss. We thanked Madame Giry for everything and left to go home as Mr. and Mrs. Erik Destler. Finally!