Erik Destler

For The-Man-with-No-Name

Currently residing in a spacious house near Reims, France, Erik and I had been living quite comfortably. I was on the verge of tears like normal and it had been going on for the past few nights but I refuse to let Erik see me like this. He was currently outside chopping up wood for our stack we had been getting ready for the colder winter nights. I was currently laying in bed crying my eyes out and didn't hear the door open. 

"Sweetheart what's wrong?!" Erik asks, quickly making his way over to me. 

"I'm just depressed! I miss my family so much! I know it's been two years but it hurts so much!" I yelled as tears streamed down my face. Erik's arms tightly wrapped around me, pulling me into a tight embrace. Nothing was said and the only noises that could be heard were my sobs and our breathing. 

"It's going to take a while for you to pick up the pieces. It gets a little bit easier but there will always be an empty hole. You just learn to accept it and move on the best you can. You'll learn how to cope with what happened." Erik softly said pressing his lips to the top of my head. He picked me up and moved us to the bed, placing me down gently under the covers. I felt his presence and warmth beside me. His arms wrapped around me pulling me into his side and my head to his chest. Constant kisses were pressed against my temple as well as my lips. 

"You're okay. You're going to continue being okay. I'm right here with you and you won't ever be alone I promise you that, my dear." Erik kept whispering sweet words into my ear making me calm down. I grabbed tightly onto the collar of his shirt and pressed my face into his chest. The comforting doesn't stop, and for that, I am grateful. I slipped my hand under his shirt and run it up his abs to his chest. Not caring to stop me, he allowed me to play with his chest hair. Eventually, I hear his voice singing in a gentle manner. I noticed the familiar tune of All I Ask of You. 

"My dear, I love you" He sang once he was done singing All I Ask of You. I was letting sleep take over, but not before I leaned up to kiss him. "I love you Erik. Thank you for everything" I smiled sleepily. "I love you too my dear. I'll never leave you. I promise you" After he gave me a final kiss to the lips, I allowed sleep to take me with a smile on my face.