Erik Destler

For Darks_Little_Angel

How did I wind up here? I can kindly thank the oh so wonderful Christine Daee for that. The famous Opera Ghost that was once so obsessed with her was now after me. Though I feel like there's something else he's hiding from me, he won't speak a word of it. He wouldn't let me outside of the opera house anymore either, which is rather strange. I've never been one to be afraid of anything, but that changed when he started making demands of me. I, however, broke the rule of never going outside. 

"I STRICTLY TOLD YOU YOU WERE NOT ALLOWED TO GO OUTSIDE EVER AGAIN! YOU DISOBEYED ME!" Erik yelled at me. 

"BECAUSE I'M NOT A CHILD AND YOU DON'T OWN ME! I'M NOT SOME PROPERTY TO BE OWNED!" I screamed right back at him. 

I could tell that Erik's anger had only worsened. I didn't regret screaming at him though. I hate being treated like a child when I'm not one!. He's clearly gone mad and has an obsession with this kind of stuff. You would've thought he would've learned after Christine, but apparently not. 

"Erik it's been 4 months since I've seen been outside. I just want to go out even if it's at night with you walking with me. I'm starting to lose my mind now. I wish you would stop with your anger and temper tantrums. You scare me! You get angry at me over every little thing and I'm done with it" I angrily pointed out to him. 

Erik didn't say anything further. He simply just turned around, got into the boat, and paddled back across to the staircase, leaving me to drown in my thoughts. 

*Five hours later*

Erik has been gone for five hours now and I kind of was starting to get worried. I finally heard the boat coming back across the water with the familiar silhouette. 

"Thank God you're back. I was getting worried!" I told him as I ran up to greet him by throwing my arms around his neck, pulling him into a hug. I felt his arms slowly wrap around my waist embracing me. 

"If you don't mind I want to sleep now. You can go back to your room and do the same. Just be careful with whatever hidden passage you take." Erik whispered to me before retreating to his room. 

I had no choice but to retreat back to my room with the slight guilty feeling of how our conversation went. I just wish he would see that I'm not a child nor am I anything like Christine. I could only hope that one day he would trust me and open up to me. 

It has been a month since my and Erik's fight and he slowly started opening up a little each night since then. Some nights he spilled more things than others, but it was still progress. I shared the same amount that he did to make him feel better and hopefully trust me, even if it's just a little bit. 

"I am grateful that you gave me the chance to prove that I'm not the worst human possible. I'm sorry about my anger, I've just never had someone who truly cared about me before. Thank you for never giving up on me and for always being here for me. Thank you for also putting me into my place. For that, I'm letting you go out tonight after everyone leaves here, but I am walking with you." Erik tells me with a small smile on his lips. 

"Oh Erik! Thank you so much! I would greatly appreciate your company." I told him with a big smile on my face. Once again, I threw my arms around his neck and hugged him tightly. Without hesitation, his arms slid around my waist, hugging me against him. His head was pressed snugly against mine. 

Erik kept his promise to me and was now walking right beside me as we walked away from the opera house. We talked about anything and everything that we could possibly say. He apologized for how he treated me and for being obsessed with me. I let him explain his reasons for doing what he did though, because he deserved it. People have always done him wrong, but I was now the one who proved to him that not everyone is the same and that there is someone who loves and cares about him. Erik Destler is a once in a lifetime kind of man and I see the real him. Not the one that the public has painted him as. Erik Destler was a broken and scarred man. His facial deformation wasn't as bad as everyone kept saying it was and I constantly kept reminding him of that. Because Erik Destler was a far better person than most normal people and he had a talented gift of composing music and singing.