Erik Destler

For my amazing friend BrendaDaaeDestler 

*Two years ago*

Not many people, if any, would have done what Brenda have done. The Phantom of the Opera had shown up to what he thought was an abandoned house. How wrong he was. Erik had came in through the front door and caught Brenda off guard, who was standing in her kitchen cooking dinner. Noticing how his current shape was, Brenda knew that time couldn't be wasted to help this desperate and brokenhearted looking man. 

"Please sit down. I don't want you to exhaust yourself more than you already are." Brenda said, highly concerned as she helped the man into a chair in the kitchen. Erik was too tired to argue. "Supper is done. Just give me one moment to get you a plate." Brenda said quickly grabbing a plate and a drink for the exhausted man. Brenda was thankful that she had a spare room already set up in case of anything. Once Erik was done eating, he stood up. "May I know  your name?" Brenda asked softly. "Erik, Erik Destler. And you?" "Brenda. I have a spare room that you can sleep in tonight. My room is right across the hall if you need me at any point throughout the night." She said as she finished cleaning the dishes and putting them away. Erik followed Brenda as she showed him to the guest room. After thanking her, he made his way to the bed to sit down and remove his boots before getting under the covers and falling asleep.

*Present*

"Erik put me down!!!" Brenda said while giggling at Erik, who currently had her over his shoulder swinging her around. "Alright, alright" Erik said chuckling as he put her down. Neither of them would've thought that this would've happened after he accidentally broke into her house to escape from the possible threat that might of been after him. It was currently 10 p.m. and neither Brenda nor Erik were tired. Brenda noticed Erik staring at her as his arms snaked around her waist and placing his hands on her back. One hand was on her lower back and the other was on the middle of her back. Brenda's hands rested on Erik's chest. "What is it?" Brenda asked gently keeping her gaze on Erik as they started swaying side to side. "I never thought that I would be here. I never thought that I would have anything or anyone. I had little hope that I maybe, just maybe, would find someone who would love me for me. Who I could share my life and forever with. I am really glad that I stepped into this house that night. You showed me compassion that I never had been shown before. You gave me hope. You gave me love. For that I thank you Brenda. I knew I loved you before I met you. You've been what I've been dreaming for my whole life." Erik said, pulling away from Brenda and reaching into his pants pocket. When his hands came out, there was a little black box in them and the lid open. Erik dropped to one knee still directly in front of Brenda. "I have loved you before I ever met and knew you. I loved you the moment I layed eyes on you. You've been here for me and gave me everything that I never thought I would've ever of had. Brenda, will you marry me?" Erik asked with tears filling his eyes with pure love and adoration. Brenda's eyes also filled with tears and she fell to her knees in front of him. "YES ERIK, YES!!!!!!!!!" Brenda grabbed his face and kissed him with everything she had. Erik pulled away to grab her left hand and place the ring right where it belonged. Once he put the ring on her finger, his hands gently cupped her face and kissed her with as much passion as he had. His hands moved down to her back and he gently layed her back onto the floor. That night they had officially shown each other how much love they shared for one another.