Mike Banning

For The-Man-with-No-Name I'm writing this directly for you because you deserve this little bit of happiness. 

It had been five hours since Mike's shift started and his best friend, Elise, was supposed to be working with him today. Him and the rest of the president's security had been on shift since six a.m. and it was now eleven a.m. but Elise was nowhere to be found. Mike started to worry after the first hour because she was always there on time and never missed work unless it was an emergency. Mike even tried contacting her by talking into the com he had in his watch. No reply. Mike told the others he was going out to find her since she hadn't shown up yet and she wasn't responding when he tried contacting her and if they found her to let him know. Mike got into his car and left to begin searching for her, starting with her house. Once he made it to the door, he checked to see if it was unlocked, which it was. Cautiously entering the house, he listened for any noise and heard some noises coming from her room. He began walking quietly up the stairs and to her room. Once he was directly in front of the door he knocked gently. 

"Elise, it's me. Are you okay in there? I was worried because you didn't show up and you weren't responding when I tried contacting you. I'm opening the door now, okay?" Mike said softly before opening the door. 

His heart broke at seeing the woman he had grown to love curled up in a ball crying her eyes out. He knew she had been struggling with her mental health for a long time but never seen her this bad before. Mike became extremely concerned and approached the bed and sat down. 

"Please talk to me. I need to know what's going on sweetheart. Please." Mike tried coaxing her to spill what was bothering her. 

"I'm just losing my mind right now. Come back later." Elise's muffled voice said. 

Mike chuckled before taking his shoes off and slowly laying down beside her. "I'm always here for you. Please just tell me what's going on."

"I'm just having a mental breakdown as usual. I called President Asher earlier and told him I wasn't feeling too well and he told me take the next two days off.He said that you and him are the only ones who noticed a change in my behavior." Elise said clearly now that she pulled the covers down away from her face. 

She scooted closer and laid in Mike's arms. He wrapped his arms tightly around her trying to give her some security. Lifting his wrist up to his mouth after hitting the button to speak, he spoke into the com, "I found her. Asher told her to take the next two days off." Different voices replied back with, "Okay. Asher said you can also have the next two days off." Mike didn't respond and shut his com off before taking his watch off and placing it on the nightstand. 

"You have me for two days now. I'm not going anywhere." Mike whispered to Elise. 

"Why are you always so concerned? I know we're best friends and all, but you seem to care even more than that." Elise asked him as she looked him in the eyes. 

Mike's breath hitched in his throat. He was thrown off-guard at her question. Once he caught his breath, without a thought, he blurted out, "Because I'm in love with you!" 

They both froze up at that confession. Their eyes widened but for different reasons. Mike's because he couldn't believe that he just blurted that out. Elise's was because he felt the same way she did and everything now made since. She reached a hand up to his cheek and with the courage she had somehow gained, she kissed him. The tough Mike Banning was completely at a loss of each and every thought because he never thought that a little shy woman like her would ever have courage like she did in this moment. Mike snapped out of his gaze and closed his eyes kissing her back. They eventually pulled away to breathe. 

"That was way better than I ever imagined." Elise chuckled.

"You have no idea how long I've..." Mike was cut off. 

"Believe me Banning, I know how long you've been waiting. You may be a real tough ass with hiding every other emotion and problem, but you were acting like a little lost puppy. In fact, I was the first one who noticed it then the others started noticing it too. Hell, Asher noticed it when I did. That was a real interesting conversation that we had." Elise chuckled at the memory. 

Mike's cheeks turned red as he still held her in his arms. 

"I love you too Mike. I appreciate everything you do for me including things like this. I try so hard to pull myself together but nothing works. I honestly don't know why my mind can't work toward thinking better and a little more positive. I'm just so tired of this all. It's causing my physical health to start acting up as well. I'm not asking to be fixed. I'm just asking for some strong help, support, and guidance. I can't do this by myself." Elise let some of her emotions and thoughts out. 

"I will help you in whatever way I can. If you need therapy, I will get you therapy. I don't care if I have to be in there with you, because I will do it. I just want you to get better and to let the happier side of you shine. Life isn't easy but you have a lot of people who will help you, support you, and push you to be and do better. We all love and care about you. We will take care of you. I will take care of you. No longer will you ever go through this alone. I will treat you like the queen you are." Mike pours his heart out to her before kissing her. 

"I trust you Mike and I don't trust a lot of people. I feel like I can and will get through this with you all, mainly you, by my side. I know some days I will still fall backward some but I will keep fighting. I'm tired of this all and I want to start fighting for my life. I want to be better, do better, and think better." Elise spoke with strength in her voice. 

"We can look for a therapist tomorrow if you want. After that we will go day by day. You will never be alone ever again. I promise you that Elise." Mike pressed a kiss to her forehead. 

For once in her life, Elise felt like things were starting to change for the better. No matter what, she would start fighting for her life and her happiness. She wouldn't give up that easily that she did in the past. It was time for things to change.