Mike Banning

For hardywoman99

Having a fifteen year old daughter was a nightmare, well at least it was when your own child was being a typical teenager. Mike and his wife Anna were struggling with her attitude and her actions, mainly Mike though. Taylor had been sneaking out constantly and had been caught at least two times, tonight would be third though. Anna knew why their daughter was sneaking out but didn't confront her yet or tell Mike because she would be a hypocrite. She had did the exact same thing when she was fifteen to see Mike. Half of Anna's teen years had been spent by sneaking out to see him. Anna didn't want anything to happen to her daughter, but sometimes you have to let a kid be a kid as long as you know they are going to be safe. That is the exact reason Anna didn't have to worry too much about Taylor because she had secretly placed a tracking device not just in her phone but in the bracelet that she had bought for her daughter as well. Mike was not aware of this which was a blessing and a curse. A blessing because he couldn't abuse this and a curse because he would never let their daughter go out and enjoy her teenage years. It was now 12:30 a.m. which meant it was officially Saturday and Taylor was just getting home. She noticed that the lights were off and thought she was in the clear. How wrong she was. The minute she quietly shut the door behind her and locked it, the lights flicked on. 

"WHERE THE HELL HAVE YOU BEEN TAYLOR?!?!" Mike yelled at his daughter. 

"I was out with my boyfriend, Jake." Taylor calmly told her dad. 

Mike lost it. 

"I don't want you sneaking out anymore. In face you are not and you aren't seeing that boy anymore. You now have a curfew and I am going to ensure that you won't be repeating what you did tonight. You are grounded for the next two months." Mike screams at Taylor.

"I will see him again no matter what because I'm in love with him dad! You can't stop me from living my life just because you are protective of me!!" Taylor screamed right back at her dad before running up the stairs to her room, passing her mom along the way with tears streaming down her face. Once she was in her room she slammed the door behind her. Anna's anger continued to rise at seeing her daughters tearful face. She was already angry at the fact that Mike had yelled at her like he did. Anna made her way down the stairs and stood in front of her husband, with the scariest look on her face that he's ever seen. His facial expression turned into a terrified one. 

"Anna..." 

"DON'T YOU ANNA ME, MICHAEL BANNING!!!! HOW DARE YOU SPEAK THAT WAY TO OUR DAUGHTER!!!!!" Anna's temper officially terrified Mike.  "We did the exact same thing when we were her age! You have no right to act in such a hypocritical way. You will approach a situation in a better way in the future otherwise I WILL be more terrifying that I am in this moment. I know you're scared and you want to protect her but this is not the way to do it. And you better not say she doesn't know what love is because I know she feels differently than the other guys she's been with. She may only be fifteen but some people learn what being in love feels like at her age. We did and look at where we are now. I know where she goes and I know she's safe and not doing anything wrong, Mike. Just trust me on this." Anna's voice lowered to a normal one and she began speaking in a loving way to her husband. 

"I will apologize to her. I'm really sorry that I flew off the handle like that but I'm just scared. The world isn't too safe especially in my work field but I do trust you and your judgement." Mike's eyes welled up with tears as he looked at his wife. 

Anna stepped forward and cupped her husbands face before kissing him briefly. 

"We should go check on her." Mike whispered before making his way up the stairs. 

The couple knock on her door before entering. Taylor was curled up on the bed crying her eyes out. 

"Sweetie, I'm sorry that I acted like that and yelled at you. I'm just overprotective of you and I don't want you getting hurt." Mike whispered to his daughter as he sat down on her bed, pulling her in for a hug. 

"I know dad. I forgive you. I just...he makes me feel alive...and different than the others I've been with. I may not know what love is but I do know that it has a different feeling from strongly liking someone. I just want what you and mom have... I know I'm only fifteen but I feel like me and Jake are going somewhere. We don't do anything wrong! He just takes me out for a drive in town and we stop by that ice cream shop and get some ice cream. Some times we go to his house and watch movies with his family." Taylor tells her parents. 

Anna and Mike look at one another. 

"How about we make a deal? You get your homework done in school and you can spend a few hours with him after school as long as you let us know where you are. If you have tests you can only hang out with him for an hour and a half after school. Your curfew on Friday and Saturday nights is ten p.m. No later and you tell us where you are and what you're doing. You're still grounded though for sneaking out and making us worry." Mike tells his daughter. 

"Actually..." Anna cuts in, "we can't ground her but we can give her punishments. We did the same stuff at her age and I'm not going to be a hypocrite. Plus, she's always told me where she's been going." 

"What?" Taylor and Mike both asked confused. 

Anna grinned mischievously. "I have a tracker in her bracelet and phone." 

Her husband and daughter gave her a blank look. 

"What? I have to have my own little adventure too! Why should you both get to be the only ones who get to have fun?" Anna shrugged casually. "By the way Taylor, how exciting was it breaking into the school and the school swimming pool?" Anna asked, grinning at her daughter. 

"Mom!!!" Taylor shrieked.

"What? I want to know!" 

"It was exciting! However, the teachers didn't think so after the pranks we set happened the next day..." Taylor cackled before showing her parents the videos of them setting the pranks and the aftermath the next day. 

Anna pretended to wipe a tear from under her eye. "My baby finally has talent!" 

"You're not grounded but you will have punishment for the next two months. You will have to send texts like I said to let us know that you're safe. We will also take you to his house and school as part of punishment. You will also have to suffer with us embarrassing you until we feel like you have learned your lesson." Mike smirks to his daughter, making her gulp, knowing that nothing good is going to come from that.  

The family stayed up for the rest of the night telling stories of all the mischief Anna and Mike had done when they were fifteen up until they graduated to what mischief Taylor and Jake had done.  Whoever messed with the Banning family and the possible future son-in-law/husband would be in for hell.