Erik Destler

The-Man-with-No-Name

The voice carried throughout the opera house. The opera ghost was spilling his heart out in the only way he knew to, through his music. The voice was carrying out his sadness and despair. Erik hadn't spoken to Y/N in a long month after a heated argument, that neither one of them could seem to remember what it was about. 

"No one would listen
No one but her
Heard as the outcast hears."

Y/N followed her lover's heartbroken voice through the hallway and to the room that would eventually belong to the new Prima donna. Reaching a hand out, she pulled slid the mirror across the track before walking through and closing it behind her. 

"Shamed into solitude
Shunned by the multitude
I learned to listen
In my dark, my heart heard music."

Erik had spent his whole life in solitude because of his deformity. After being a pet for the circus, he refused to ever show his face again. Until he met her. She was different from Christine. Christine only cared about herself and Raoul. She led Erik to believe that she cared about him and loved him, only to choose Raoul. Erik realized that he didn't react in the best way, but he was acting out in the only way he knew how to. That way was anger and he couldn't help it. Y/N came along and understood him and whatever she didn't, she tried to and encouraged him to help her understand. In the darkest part of his life he became obsessed and in love with music. She understood that and respected it. She too had came to love music and helped him when he needed it. 

"I longed to teach the world
Rise up and reach the world
No one would listen
I alone could hear the music"

Y/N began walking down the stairs to the lair. She understood that all Erik dreamed of was to teach the world about what his version of music was. His masterpieces that he wrote, the masterpieces that he spilled his passion and emotions into. He just wanted to share his talent with the world and at least get them to appreciate and respect the hard work he had done. The music is what helped him when he was all alone. He taught himself to write music, to play an instrument without help, how to sing, and how to help improve others. 

"Then at last, a voice in the gloom
Seemed to cry "I hear you;
I hear your fears,
Your torment and your tears.

She saw my loneliness
Shared in my emptiness
No one would listen
No one but her
Heard as the outcast hears"

Erik in the darkest of times met Y/N and heard her by how her actions towards him spoke out. She heard everything he was saying, heard his fears and comforted him even if it meant just holding him, and she always wiped his tears away before her own. She saw how lonely he was both before and after Christine. Christine seemed different than the others but showed her true colors once she chose Raoul. 

Y/N made it passed the traps and to the boat. Once she was standing in the boat she began paddling towards the lair. Erik's voice began getting louder as she got closer. Her heart began aching when she heard him more clearer and how sad his singing was. She hated when he was like this. The last time she saw him in this state was when Christine did what she did. The thought of that made her heart hurt even more. Y/N could understand and relate to Erik because she too had been through a similar situation. She had been engaged but then her fiancée left her for another girl after promising her that he would never leave her. What a fool she had been. Y/N never had more than two friends when she was little, then they moved away and Y/N had been alone since. Then she met Erik and they both had been drawn to one another from the first meeting. Their friendship has blossomed into something more. Neither one of them could of seen it coming. The boat was at the lair now. Quietly watching Erik sit at his desk, she placed the paddle back in the boat and stepped out onto the little hill. 

"No one would listen
No one but her
Heard as the outcast hears..."

Erik couldn't help but smile at the thought of his Y/N. He felt like such a fool for not reaching out to her. Surely she would never forgive him now. How wrong he was. Y/N walked up the hill and stood behind Erik, placing her arms around his shoulders and bending down to rest her chin on his shoulder by his neck. Erik reached a hand up and placed it over hers as his head turned to look at her. 

"I forgive you Erik." Y/N smiled brightly at him before kissing his cheek. 

She pulled away and stood up. Erik stood up and walked around the bench to stand in front of her. He let a hand reach up to rest on her waist before sliding up, tracing her curves up to her neck before coming to rest on her cheek. 

"My sweet Y/N." Erik whispered. 

Y/N reached up to firmly grasp the mask that covered his face and remove it. Erik made no attempt of stopping her. 

"My handsome Erik. You don't ever have to hide from me." Y/N placed her small hand on his cheek, causing him to lean into her touch. He had never felt such a soft touch before. Christine's touch couldn't even compare to this angel's touch. Y/N was almost like a pure angel in his eyes. Sure, she liked to help him cause mischief, but she not once led him on. She had knew what she wanted from the start and let her actions speak louder than her words. No matter what problem he was going through, she was always right there helping him through it even if it was giving him advice and letting him work through it the rest of the way on his own. Erik and her had not shown any form of affection except for a hug on a comforting hold of the hand. Which is why it surprised them both when Erik bent down slightly and grasped the girl by her waist to lift her to his height. Without hesitation he pressed their lips together. In the middle of their heated makeout session, Erik sat down on the bench keeping his grip on her waist. She sat with her legs on either side of him, her dress coming up to her knees but still covering her. She pulled back to breathe with her gaze on Erik. His chest rising and falling as he stared at the brunette beauty in his lap. Grabbing onto her thighs, he stood up carrying her to his bed. Once she was gently laid down, he laid down next to her on his side. The couple just gazed at one another with content smiles on their faces. Y/N turned onto her side and scooted forward to be closer to Erik before placing a hand between their faces and shutting her eyes. Erik placed his hand over hers and closed his eyes as well after pulling a blanket up over her. 'Finally someone who listened,' Erik thought before falling asleep with a smile on his face.