Gerard Butler

Life had been terrible for the passed few months. My parents had died in a terrible car accident due to a drunk driver, my house I bought had burnt down due to teenagers who thought it would be funny, and I had to work two jobs nonstop to save up money to get another house. A friend had been kind enough to let me live there in the meantime. The world was so cruel anymore. They say people are put in your path for a reason, and I now agree with that. A month ago I had the greatest opportunity of meeting my now boyfriend Gerard Butler. Things weren't as good as they could be as I was still dealing with everything. 

"There's something in the way you roll your eyes
Takes me back to a better time
When I saw everything is good
But now you're the only thing that's good"

"Tryna stand up on my own two feet
This conversation ain't comin' easily
And darling, I know it's getting late
So what do you say we leave this place?"

He's the reason I can finally smile and feel some sort of happiness.  Everything he did made me think back to when the world wasn't so evil. I'm not usually one to express how I feel and trying to do so was harder than expected. Gerard and I just finished with our dinner date and were heading back home. It was still a piece away but I cherished every minute that I could. 

"Walk me home in the dead of night
I can't be alone with all that's on my mind, mhm
So say you'll stay with me tonight
'Cause there is so much wrong going on outside"

It took everything in me to ask him to walk me home. It wasn't just about everything I had on my mind, but I wanted his company and touch. The world was changing and not exactly for the better. My mind didn't help either. I felt a hand brush against mine before grabbing and holding it. "I'm not good with this stuff, you know, expressing my feelings and all... but over the passed few months my life has been absolute hell. I lost my parents to a drunk driver, teenagers decided to burn down my house, and I've been working two jobs to save up money while I was living with a friend. A few weeks ago I was able to finally get another house. This world doesn't make me feel safe anymore." I managed to spit the words out as we made it to my front door. "I don't want to be alone tonight. Please tell me you'll stay with me tonight..." My voice broke, I was trying not to cry at this point.  

"There's something in the way I wanna cry
That makes me think we'll make it out alive
So come on and show me how we're good
I think that we could do some good, mhm"

I rose my head to look at him and noticed that he was already looking down at me with sadness in his eyes. I honestly believe that we could be part of good changes in the world. With love and compassion, loyalty and honesty, and so much more. Everything that the world should be.I actually felt like me and him would be ok. "I believe that we could be part of a change in the world." I noticed a small smile resting on his lips before I turned away to unlock the door. Turning back around, I didn't have any time to react before hands grabbed my face and lips slammed against mine in a rough kiss. My hands made their way up and rested on his sides kissing back with just as much force. He pulled away breathing heavily. "Let's get inside and talk more." He mumbled with our lips brushing against each other as his arms wrapped around my sides lifting me up and moving us inside. I raised my foot kicking the door closed behind us. Tonight was definitely a night that I would never forget, and I for sure, would look back on and have a reason to smile and remember that not everyone is all the same.