Stilted Dinner

I sit at the head of the table remember the chuckle from Marchosias as I found out that Seamus is my actual Mate. I still didn't understand what was going on about it, I haven't commented to Seamus about the fact that I know mainly because from what Doug explained something inside me made it so that I cannot connect like a normal shifter to a 'Mate'.

I wonder if that is what Marchosias had been referring to when I woke up after the 'date' with Jake. If it was, he said he 'fixed' it. If he fixed it shouldn't the 'connection' work? The 'lunch' Mr Lee had brought was a very large portion of some sweet and sour shrimp with a double portion of protein. He had brought Marchosias a portion of something that was from the smell super spicy with a warning to Seamus that he could NOT try it no matter what. It was making my mouth water and after observing my reaction Mr Lee suggested that Marchosias eat out on my porch.

I knew Mr Lee knew how to cook for any species, which made me wonder if he can help with our dinner tonight. While he was helping Seamus he came into my room often to ask me what I had planned on doing. After hearing what I wanted to do he just would nod his head and vanish into the kitchen and say something to Seamus in a language I didn't know

I was now looking at the result and the boys were very excited by what they saw on their plates and were also very happy to see Seamus staying for dinner. They were a little surprised to see Zebediah at the table, as well as Simon who was eyeing Zebediah. Who looked much better, so much better he practically glowed. Oh and he doesn't recall drinking my blood, which had me shaking my head mentally. Which the Angelus keeps asking me about because now he can hear my surface thoughts without trying.

Maahes after giving the Angelus an ugly look, places a double portion on my plate and Zebediah gives me a curious look. "I thought you said you eat less than your father does." Simon clears his throat after pouring my father a double of the whiskey he took out for Maahes. "She had the need for some extra protein at this time of the month," my mouth drops as I feel a blush inch up my face. To have him imply I needed this because of a regular female function was embarrassing.

Zebediah nods his head, "oh I've heard of this. Should I go and acquire you some chocolate to help?" I hear Seamus choke on his own shot of whiskey, and I see the boys look around in curiosity as my face gets redder.

I break into the light pastry crust on one of the two pies on my plate so see a flow of white gravy flow out. I could see Mr Lee's hand in the cutting of the salmon, the potatoes were thinly sliced and from what I could see he had taken the salmon bits and had mixed all the herbs as well as some butter then carefully wrapped in the potatoes. He had made a slightly different filling for the boys partly due to their age, for Greg he included some thin sliced chicken and for Locklan extra vegetables.

I take a bite and I refrain from moaning over how perfect the flavors meld and I watch Zebediah as he cuts into his pie. Mr Lee was told that we'd have to feed the Angelus some of my blood and so he came in with an apologetic look on his face drew a portion while I was eating telling Seamus to keep it cold till meal time then inject it to the portion he gives Zebediah. Making a point to say the best time to 'extract' from me is first thing in the morning during breakfast.

I see the Angelus look surprised as he eats a forkful, "wow I never thought mortal food was so wonderful. This is like nothing I have ever eaten before," I almost chuckle as I eat another bite of my own food especially after I see Simon give me a look telling me in no uncertain terms that I had better eat what was on my plate. To be a pain in the butt I chose to eat a forkful of the new peas and enjoy the flavor of the fresh vegetables. With the extra people I have been getting less fresh vegetables as I have to feed a hoard verses just myself.

Zebediah even though he eats every bite of the peas focuses more on the pie, no idea as to why. I remind myself that I need to ask my father or Simon if I can feed him something other than my own blood. Just so he can honestly try food.

When we polish off the main meal Seamus brings out a pound cake and ice cream toppings as a dessert and I remind the boys. 'alright you two need to do you magic studies. While I am sure Dang doesn't care for you to learn human magics with your shifter type you need to be aware of it and Locklan I expect you to complete a chapter of your text book. Go ahead and take your dessert with you we adults need to talk."

The boys give each other a look and I see Midnight stand before vanishing with Locklan standing right after and then both boys leave the room and Zebediah gives us an odd look. "Is something wrong?" Says Zebediah as Seamus snorts, "yes something is wrong and we are not sure how to bring it up to you."

The Angelus gives a curious look as Simon observes as Seamus states, "do you recall fighting me earlier today?" The Angelus shakes his head and Seamus waves in my direction, "do you recall feeding on Nancy?" Zebediah looks stunned and shakes his head looking over at me and my father clears his throat. "So you are a half Angelus?" Zebediah nods his head, "yes but I was told no one could find find out." Simon shakes his head as Maahes continues, "well we found out because you did fight Seamus after he found out through Nancy that the Blood mages found the children through a hacker going into the true government computers." Zebediah looks confused, "I lost my temper?" Seamus nods and then nods in my direction, "and after you almost drained her you fell into a deep sleep."

The Angelus looks shocked, "but I was told I would never have to worry about that 'problem'" I see Seamus' ears perk up, "'problem' huh? Not sure that is how I would word that, you almost drained her completely. I have been told by her current Dr that she is in zero danger of going in a coma from using her energy. However she also cannot use her energy to protect herself now." Again the Angelus looks shocked, "but she's." Seamus' head whips around very fast, "she is what?" The Angelus clears his throat, "not appropriate for me to feed upon. I am sorry this occurred it should not have happened that is why the wine was shipped here. It is suppose to be a good alternative as it contains blood from willing sacrifices."

I made a mental note to add a trap to the wine room to keep to boys out, I'd rather they die than ingest human blood. Seamus tilts his head, "maybe that is the issue for you the fact that the blood used in the wine is from humans not supers, and in Nancy's case very different 'specials'." The Angelus looks uncomfortable, and considering I know why now. "I am very sorry this happened it shouldn't have. I will try to keep myself away from Nancy from here on out." My head goes up at the same time as Seamus answering he statement from Zebediah, "no. You cannot do that from my understanding it would kill you to be away from Nancy." I feel confused as Marchosias answer the unspoken question. His life is now connected to yours, even if you know that my son is your Mate and even though you cannot feel the connection the Angelus understands that it is important for you to have it. However, Seamus knows YOU. He knows it would hurt you if you thought you cause Zebediah to die. I blink as my head turns to Seamus as quickly as it could move, it would upset me if Zebediah died because of me.

I wonder though, should I be more worried that Seamus is upset or that Zebediah could die without me.