Work Day

I was working on a new couple of chapters of my next book when Zebediah comes into the house and looks at what I am writing. "Do mortals actually think this is how your people really find their partners?" I nod my head as I adjust some of my spelling errors from how fast I type. I have an issue where I type faster than my mind can make my fingers work sometimes and I have some very creative mis spellings.

"The humans also happen to love this trite nonsense, It's like how young girls fall for fairy tales and how the princess always find the prefect prince for her." I shake my head and add in, "unfortunately the prince is most likely never perfect. He probably has a side girl and numerous children running around the village and the girl of the story will wind up locked away inside the castle not allowed outside the walls until she produces the heir and a spare. I'd prefer to write something more realistic but no one would read it I'm afraid."

The Angelus tilts his head as if thinking hard, "well you might be surprised maybe write something you want but keep up with what is earning you money?" I think about that for a minute and grin, "that might be a fun side project one I might be able to get my publisher behind if I sic Simon on them." The Angelus chuckles, I know accountant from my dimension that would have issues dealing with that gargoyle."

I turn to the Angelus, "so what did you come in here for Zebediah? You don't normally come in here when I have my quiet time." Zebediah looks at the door as if scared to speak, "I've never been inside this plane before I have been told your um. Foods are very different than what we eat, I wanted to sample the foods you eat." I pause not knowing what to say, I know that Marchosias gave me a warning about them and their diet. However he had not told me what their diet was. I was scared to ask, but I also did not know if it was wrong to ask about it directly.

I think about the meal I was planning for this night, I had some bits of some salmon I had flown in so I can vary Greg and Locklan's diet's. I was planning on making some fish pies with some fresh herbs and thinly sliced potatoes with a creamy gravy inside it. Maybe with some new peas as a side. I lever the Angelus a look, "as I do not know your standard diet. I need to know how much of a portion to give you. I am cooking some fish pies and peas tonight do I give you a portion I would feed me and my father? Or do I give you the size I give to the boys? Or do I just give you a sample of each?" The Angelus thinks, "well I would suggest giving me a portion the size the boys eat and if I cannot eat all of it hey can split it afterward." I nod my head, "alright we can do that I was planning on making extra ones and freezing them for later." The Angelus nods his head and heads back outside before Seamus notices him being gone I imagine.

Well that was odd, I didn't think any of them would intentionally want to try actual food. I mentally shrug, "well seeing as how I do not know what they eat I cannot say how odd that is Marchosias." The Demon chuckles, and I will not be telling you. I have the information about how he found the children. It seems one of them found a computer hacker willing to hack the government servers.

I pause on that statement, "are we talking the government or the 'government'?" Marchosias chuckles again, the actual government of course my dear. I have already sent my report to Simon, the response I got was verbose I do have to say. If someone mucked up the servers of the non human government system 'verbose' isn't the word I'd use for Simon's reaction. I'd prefer to send bank robbers into Fort Knox than to send any hacker into that set of servers.

I figure I'd ask even if he won't tell me, how much actual food could he eat safely? I chose to not voice the statement in case the Angelus could hear it. Surprisingly Marchosias answers, since he is determined to try it more than he probably should. They can digest nutrients, but it will probably take him a week to digest it. I mentally nod my head, again that does give me information. I will mull it over later to see if I can figure it out, I might even ask my father. I will have to warn him about dinner though.

I speak to Seamus, your 'dad' just contacted me and told me that he discovered that the mages hacked the system that the super government uses for the information about the children. My head turns swiftly as I hear a scuffle outside. I rush out the door to find Seamus and Zebediah fighting, "back down Angelus. You can't go and kill anyone without knowledge of who is at fault." Seamus barks out as he spits blood out of his dark red muzzle now actually blood stained.

He's not a pure blood. I hear from Marchosias as I watch Seamus force the Angelus back. "stand DOWN or I rip those appendages off of your back bird brain." The Angelus spreads his wings out fully and Marchosias appears next to me grabbing my arm and holding a knife. "Son let me handle it while you get a grip with what I'm about to do." Seamus' head whips around to me with his eyes zeroed in on the knife in his Demon father's hand.

"What are you about to do Marchosias?" Says Seamus I could tell he was trying to remain calm as he lost all interest in the Angelus in front of him as he focused totally on Marchosias and the knife he held. Marchosias shakes his head, "why did they have to send a mutt to deal with this? Especially with this current situation, come here bird boy." Then Marchosias slashes across my arm and I see Zebediah's eyes go wide as he rushes toward me and Seamus is right behind him shocked at the speed of the Angelus.

Zebediah looking like a wild animal rushes in and grabs my arm acting like a very drunk vampire, Marchosias waves a hand freezing Seamus. "Son please calm down so I can let you go. He isn't hurting her, but we might not like the repercussions of this. I am going to object to the Angelus council about this," he turns to me as I start feeling faint. "Sorry my dear, I didn't want you to know that the Angelus' are the originator of the vampire species. The Angelus' only ingest blood from supers, ergo my statement about him wanting a snack."

I could feel my self pass out as I see first Marchosias' worried eyes and Seamus' angry ones.